cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Zenbane have you seen Orbus?

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Have you seen the Orbus VR game that's being shown in home now?

Supposedly it is a MMORPG and I know you have been saying you were looking for one.

Of course if you have tried it out what did you think of it?

WAAAGH!
10 REPLIES 10

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yep I was looking at the intro video and reading some details last night. The reviews are promising (by those who don't have major technical issues). I also read some folks praising it on the Facebook VR Group.

I think I'm going to purchase it sometime this week. It's not my ideal MMORPG, but it is the first of its kind as a VR-specific MMO. I'm excited to try it out!

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I was thinking the same thing but my only problem is freetime between work and school. Bleh
WAAAGH!

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Ive been following Orbus since it entered early acces. It have definately progressed with time.
 I really feel the developers are putting a lot of effort into this game and want to make  it playable across as many setups as possible ( thereby the cartoonish low polygon graphics ).
 However, most people seems to like the way it looks in VR. As we all know, nothing looks the same on a monitor as it does in VR. So that´s another plus.

I have also been watching a few streames on twitch playing this game, both vive and rift streamers. None of them seem to have had as many of the issues that usually is the reason people gives the game bad reviews on steam.
 And they have all enjoyed the game and have come back to it. But have stopped playing when they reached the level cap.

So I think that the only "bad thing" about the game is it´s level cap 20 ( unless new updates have come out ).
 It´s on my wishlist for sure. But I think I will await further updates to see where they are going with the game.
Be good, die great !

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The game, From Other Suns, just really took over my life lol

Even now I just ended a 3 hours session with elboffor (we got back to Earth). Once I get FOS out of my System (which should be soon), and I take about a week off of VR... I'm definitely buying Orbus.

It's the first of its kind and I really want to be a part of its ongoing development. It's still Early Access so I have no sense of urgency. I'm planning for a purchase around February (Valentines Gift). This and "In Death" will be my February titles!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So I may buy this title later this evening. I was going to wait another week or so, but I read a post on Facebook where someone was asking the community to help them decide between Orbus and Fallout 4 VR. And... Orbus is getting the most votes!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OculusRift/permalink/1270469096387780/

I will post my thoughts on Orbus after I get it.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
@Zenbane
 I just recently did my First 5 player Dungeon raid as a level 8 there and had a lot of fun having to work as a team to defeat the enemies in the dungeon.. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Dungeon Raids?? That's awesome.

I keep wanting to beat the first boss in the game, In Death, before I get Orbus. But it's so damn hard that I may have to concede lol

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Hey OrbusVR is 10% of at the Oculus Store, valentines sale I guess ?

Not to mention a lot of other titles:
 https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/02/oculus-rift-launches-valentines-flash-sale/

• AirMech Command – £3.99 (GBP) Usually priced at £14.99
  • Arizona Sunshine – £14.99 Usually priced at £29.99
  • Dirt Rally – £14.99 Usually priced at £18.99
  • From Other Suns – £18.39 Usually priced at £29.99
  • Killing Floor Incursion – £10.99 Usually priced at £29.99
  • Landfall – £7.99 Usually priced at £14.99
  • Sairento VR – £19.54 Usually priced at £22.99
  • Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope – £14.99 Usually priced at £29.99
  • Sprint Vector – £17.24 Usually priced at £22.99

And there is more than these ..
Be good, die great !

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Serious Sam and Killing Floor Incursion are looking mighty tempting...