cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I am getting the Sorry we couldn't install error with my Oculus Rift and Rift S Apps

NobleWarrior777
Honored Guest
Hi I recently did a format and I reinstalled my Widows10 pro 64 bit operating system. shortly after I got everything redownloaded and updated I then installed Oculus home on my PC at first my Oculus started installing apps without a problem but after about 20 apps I started getting the sorry we couldn't install error that I am sure we are all quite familiar with and for me once that error starts every app after that has the same error. Disabling my Antivirus and Firewall did not help and I only have Norton 360 for protection so far. I did find a partial fix on my own but it is a lousy fix what I do is I delete the Sorry we couldn't install notification on my Oculus home app then I use the free version of CCleaner and clear my history and cache and clean my registry with it after that I shut down my PC and unplug my modem for about a minute but I leave my PC off for a few hours and once I turn my pc back on after all that I am able to start downloading apps again but sadly each time I am only able to download between10 to 20 apps before the client freezes again and my apps start failing to install again. what I believe happens is once the app starts freezing the apps starts failing to install the apps and that issue remains for me until I use my method again. this would not be a big deal for me if I only wanted to install a few dozen apps or less but in my case as of this post I have exactly 698 apps for my Oculus Rift and Oculus Rift S and I only installed a little more then 60 apps so far. the good thing is so far my method worked every time and maybe it is not necessary to have my PC off for 2 hours maybe an hour or less will do but even with that to to install over 600 more apps using my method providing it keeps working could take a week or more does anyone have a better solution that would take a lot less time for someone who is not great with computers please? by the way I try downloading the apps virtually one at a time with my headset on to try to help reduce the chance of the client freezing but even that freezes the client after trying to download between 10 and 20 apps it is quite Frustrating to say the least.
0 REPLIES 0