cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I exit Walkabout Mini Golf?

KennyJohn34
Explorer

I -LOVE- Walkabout Mini Golf, but I cannot for the life of me figure out to leave it when I'm finished playing. I thought pressing the O button would bring up the little control panel, but it doesn't. I always end up needing to power the Q2 off to get out of the game.

Also - what's the deal with picking up lost balls? Is that just in practice mode or what?

Are there some tutorials I'm overlooking?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Smokey574
Honored Guest

After finishing your round and you're back at the opening screen, look to your left.  There should be a Quit button on the bottom row.

View solution in original post

relaxculus
Expert Protege

are you talk about pcvr version?

Native Q2 version does give the oculus menu with the oculus button, and here you can quit.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Smokey574
Honored Guest

After finishing your round and you're back at the opening screen, look to your left.  There should be a Quit button on the bottom row.

KennyJohn34
Explorer

Thanks. Is that a new addition? I don't remember seeing it before, but found it recently. Now if I just knew how to exit the Oculus itself in some way besides just powering down and clicking Power Off? - does that exist? 

Hold down the power button for 10 secs, you will see the power options but they will disappear and the Oculus will shut down without having to use the controller to power down.

SpectacularBid
Honored Guest

I have been searching for a way to exit apps and there doesn't seem to be one (for certain apps) short of power cycling. Unless I'm missing something, this is a huge failure that's hard to believe but not surprising. Programmers rarely get everything right when creating software. Even if I am missing something and there is a way to exit, it is not easy to find and therefore a problem. Maybe they will fix this but I'm not holding my breath.

relaxculus
Expert Protege

are you talk about pcvr version?

Native Q2 version does give the oculus menu with the oculus button, and here you can quit.

SpectacularBid
Honored Guest

I'm using the standalone Q2 and found the exit. I was "holding" the oculus button instead of simply pushing it.

I think there is a switch in oculus menu, how you want using oculus button (press or hold)