Did you mean: 

How do you kill Anakin

luedd
Explorer
Can't seem to get past him any hints?
10 REPLIES 10

Digikid1
Consultant
I think that you mean AnakiM...not Anakin.  This is the game called InDeath correct?  May want to mention that in the future as it will bring more help your way.

The fastest way is to load up on Explosive Arrows and Mine Arrows and just go nuts on him.  I have done this many times and never got hit with anything.  Just teleport down to a meter or two from the stair.....lay down the mines as fast as you can ON THE STAIRS and then switch to the Explosive Arrows and lay it into him as fast as you can.

Works great.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Ah, I thought he was talking about Vader Immortal. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

luedd
Explorer
Yup talking about InDeath.

luedd
Explorer
I'm using the Oculus Quest and there doesn't seem to be any stairs. I have to jump down to the next floor and here comes Anakim, knights, and some fryers. Will make I have mine and explosive arrows. thanks

Digikid1
Consultant
There are stairs literally in front of Anakim.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
I can't remember which arrows you get in the Quest Unchained version - I'm not as keen on it as the original, which after all this time I still play an hour of every day. I use the original for bow work and the Unchained (which to me is more arcadey) for having fun with the crossbow.

In the original, I would get the spikey bomb (mine) arrows (called "Incursion") and fire off all 20 between Anakim's feet and the front edge of the stairs. This way, every time he moves he gets an explosion in front of him and loses health. Not too close to his feet or they will explode prematurely, causing no damage. Often this alone is enough to kill him, but I often also use explosive arrows ("Cataclysm") as well. After laying down the Incursion mines I jump down to the base of the stairs and start lobbing the Cataclysm arrows at him - jumping back from the moment his minions are spawned and then jump from the back to the stairs and back again to avoid being hit too many times until he is dead, if he isn't already. Try and get the explosive arrows into his head. If you have the Hand of God arrows, fire one off every now and then to neatralize the monks etc depending on how close he is to dying.

The only problem is when you don't get any such arrows on your way through Purgatory. In that case I will either just use explosives - and if none of those, well you need to have a lot of experience to stay alive and kill him. I've only managed it without explosives twice.

But just wait until  you get to the boss level on Paradise Lost - before I sussed that one out I died every time. Very frustrating. I called him "The Winged Bastard of Death!" lolz. But seriously - "Wildfire" arrows to the head kill that one very quickly.

Seriously, once you've done it a couple of times you will expect to kill them every time without thinking much about it.

PS - this guide is for the original, but may be useful for you in Unchained:

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Here - I just finished playing and recorded the Anakim playthrough for you.

It's on Purgatory II so a bit harder than the first time, with more nasty buggers after your hide, but the technique is the same - he's just easier to kill the first time round.

In this play, I only have Incursion arrows and I fire them as mentioned previously, between his feet and the top of the stairs. I then use flame arrows to get headshots and the Wrath of God (not 'Hand of God') arrows to get rid of the threat from his minions. I actually do get hit a single time, when I'd already killed Anakim - make sure you always jump away from your final spot to avoid arrows that were fired before they die!

You can see the Incursion arrows that I fire too close to his feet explode and don't do any damage, so try to avoid that.

Have fun!

Digikid1
Consultant

JD-UK said:

You can see the Incursion arrows that I fire too close to his feet explode and don't do any damage, so try to avoid that.

They DO do damage when I play.  WTH?  LOL

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
If they explode before you jump down, it does nothing - they're only effective after you jump.