cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypnotic VR Experiences (Form, Rez Infinite, Tetris Effect)

Zenbane
Level 15
I recently downloaded Tetris Effect on my Quest, just to see what all the fuss is about. I've never been a big Tetris fan at all. The most fun I ever had playing it prior to now was back in 2016 on my Rift CV1 when Tetris was a mini-game inside of, Technolust.

But after trying Tetris Effect on Quest I was truly impressed. I love the combination of VR visuals and sound that are altered by the VR users actions. And it occurred to me that to-date, there are at least 3 titles total, between Quest and Rift, that do this so very well.

Tetris Effect

Rez Infinite

Form

So if you're a fan of one of these but haven't picked up the other 2, then highly recommend to own all 3!  If you know of any other VR experiences that are similar, let me know.
7 REPLIES 7

Zenbane
Level 15

Darknet is another great title to add to the list of Hypnotic VR Experiences.

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
Boy, everyone is raving about Tetris Effect. The price is a little off-putting, but maybe I'm missing something. As far as hypnotic "flow state" games, I really like Thumper.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

Zenbane
Level 15
Yeah, I read all the hype about Tetris Effect. At first I figured it was just a bunch of VR newb's being easily impressed. Then I downloaded it and played for 30 minutes straight.

I wouldn't say that it's overly amazing for those of us who have been around since 2016, or earlier. But it's definitely enjoyable enough to understand the hype.
🙂

RuneSR2
Level 15
Rez Infinite deserves more attention, but the king of hypnotic VR games is probably still (although I have not played Tetris Effect):

https://youtu.be/viWjIBDSF_k

If you opt into the beta, the game has native Oculus support (works with Touch, can be directly started from Oculus Home, SteamVR doesn't start)

Price has been reduced from $15 to $7, it's really a steal (or you can refund):

https://store.steampowered.com/app/906120/POLYBIUS/

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
Level 15
I have not tried Polybius yet, but I'm putting on my list! Just based on that video tho, I don't think Tetris Effect can top that.

I wouldn't put Tetris Effect at the top of any list. Rez and Polybius are both superior due to the full attack on the senses. Tetris Effect is more relaxation and subtle ambience.

Digikid1
Level 12
I want to get Tetris Effect but again they are asking too much for it.

Yes I am a cheap bugger. 😄

RuneSR2
Level 15

Digikid1 said:

I want to get Tetris Effect but again they are asking too much for it.

Yes I am a cheap bugger. 😄

I wouldn't mind the price, what I do mind is that the PCVR version isn't available for my Rift in the Oculus Store, but the Quest version is - this is discrimination!  😉

I refuse to support the Epic Store - for now, I prefer to support only Oculus or Valve for VR, also annoying with all these different stores and launchers.

Valve Index & Oculus Rift CV1, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 8TB
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"