cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant uninstall Beat saber

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to reinstall the game because it seemed to be something wrong with the colors and there were no cubes.
When I click uninstall then nothing happens. It also says "Uninstall (189,67 MB)", which does not feel quite right.
I have tried to restart the computer. Does anyone know what to do?
Can I reinstall oculus without affecting my other games?
7 REPLIES 7

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Just delete the games folder from where you installed Oculus software. Remember just the games folder which will be named after the game, "Beat Saber." Not sure what you mean by "Does not feel quite right." because what doesn't feel quite right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

Just delete the games folder from where you installed Oculus software. Remember just the games folder which will be named after the game, "Beat Saber." Not sure what you mean by "Does not feel quite right." because what doesn't feel quite right?

I have deleted all files except one called "Beat Saber_Data". Nothing happens when I click delete on that folder.

The size 189,67 MB is too small for it to be a whole game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved it!
I renamed the folders that I could not uninstall and restarted the computer

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
The only time you cannot delete certain folders is when they are a part of windows OS, or are being used by another program. You will get a message if they are been used by another program though, but you can try deleting the same folder in windows safe mode. You should have had no problem clicking on the orange Beat Saber games folder and deleting the whole folder. I'm glad it worked out you renaming the folder, but you shouldn't have to do this.

You might want to look at reinstalling windows, if you have to keep renaming folders and won't let you uninstall them properly..

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is quite likely he had not closed Home or it was somehow linked still via the Oculus tasks. I have said all along there is NO need for the Oculus Tasks to remain running when we exit Home. What does this achieve? It messes up with Firmware & Updates as it needs to be properly Terminated to start to do so. Other Social Apps like Skype & Line also run in the background thus not freeing up cam and mics. There is a Settings in Privacy which relates to this. Some Apps like Skype feature a Terminate within the Apps & Features>Uninstall menu. Oculus only has RESTART within its own program and there is no TOTAL TERMINATE.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
He probably had Oculus Home running. I've deleted folders no problem with Oculus Home closed. It could be that his Windows is corrupt though, but we didn't get chance to see if he could delete the folder in Safe Mode..

R00K_
Honored Guest
I cant uninstall beat saber on my quest