cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I buy a QUEST, Can I play my RIFT games? (Already have one)

GSM-VR
Honored Guest
Hey

I can't seem to find this answer
I have 30+ Rift games. I've had a Rift since it came out
I'm just about to buy a quest as I want the portability of it and I'm using the PC for something else now
Can I play the games I have already bought and paid for on my Quest? 
5 REPLIES 5

MikeF
Trustee
only games that support crossbuy are free and interchangeable between headsets, otherwise you'l have to wait for link

GSM-VR
Honored Guest
Ah I see... I bought my games way before they had any other devices. So what's cross-buy and what link!? 

ohgrant
Superstar
Cross buy is apps that you will be able to play on quest and receive free. Not all games qualify. Robo-recall will be yours on Quest if you own it via Oculus. Super hot and Moss aren't. 
 Link is the new cable that will allow you plug in your Quest into your PC and be like a Rift, being released in November.  

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.

PhunkDefined
Honored Guest
If I buy a RIFT game on the oculus store , is there any way to play it through a PC using my Quest 2?

Richooal
Consultant

If I buy a RIFT game on the oculus store , is there any way to play it through a PC using my Quest 2?

Short answer, yes.
Just read through the support articles about it. First you need a PC with enough grunt, then a cable.
https://support.oculus.com/444652019523821/

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.