cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-game screenshot of my current project

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
As nobody other than my wife and a few close friends have been allowed to see what I have been working on...I have decided to show a first view into the current state of my present project. I have been very secretive about what I am doing for various reasons...but for now this is an 'early' in-game screenshot taken from the mirrored view on my monitor.

I'm not presently going to give much detail on what to expect...again, for various reasons, but I'm really getting excited about this and hope to show more in the future, including in motion captures. The reason I'm not presently showing any in motion captures, is because I'm not wanting to expose to much detail until I'm closer to being ready. I'm sure you understand the reasons.

This shot is taken at 9am (in-game time) at the top of a mountain looking South down to what is shown. Where ever you can see, you can go. Everything is in real time, no barriers, no load screens. I have disabled viewing the in game character due to secrecy and will reveal sometime later when the time is appropriate. This is designed for VR and is what is seen while in VR. I'm presently developing on a Rift S, but will test on my G2 later for compatibility. Though I am now developing on a 3090 system, it runs very nicely on my 1080ti system with which I have done the majority of the development on so far. Let me know if you are interested.

n4bl4hxye2s1.png

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

3 REPLIES 3

Richooal
Consultant
Very nice pic. I think I've been there already ..................... 😉

itdz7khsqilf.jpg
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
That is too funny...the only thing is...you can't actually go anywhere in yours. I forgot about that Oculus home view!! Wow, that does have some resemblance, but it is pure coincidence!!! 😛

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
And....one more.....to show it's not just a redone home screen...LOL!!! Early sunrise...

kgjb4bxjubzz.png