cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journey of the Gods settings

hlarry14
Honored Guest
When I first started Journey of the Gods there was an option for "Comfortable" or "Immersive" - I chose Immersive. This is the first game that is giving me some issues with feeling queasy, so I want to change the setting to "comfortable" but I can't find that in the settings anywhere. I tried starting a new game in the second of the three game slots, but I didn't see that choice come up (I haven't gone all the way through the tutorial on the second game yet - I thought that option came up before that but I could be wrong.) Does anyone know how to get to that setting? I'm not far enough in that I care if I have to start over, but if starting a new game didn't bring that option up again I don't know if deleting it and reinstalling it will do it either.
5 REPLIES 5

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Hmmm, Journey of the Gods just arrived for Rift, but 30 bucks for phoneVR feel slightly expensive, and it's only 950 MB, maybe less. I vote for @Zenbane trying it first, so I won't have to skip my hoverbike training lesson this evening  o:)  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I played the Free Demo today on the Quest. This game is going on my "must buy " list. Only I will probably buy it for my Rift CV1. Waiting until after I get through a few more titles on my backlog.

Blandremus
Honored Guest

I have the same question! I wonder if you ever figured this out? I can't play it on immersive, it's making me sick!

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

@hlarry14  Maybe try uninstalling it, then reinstall it again.  This usually takes you back to square one.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Duetschbag
Honored Guest

I actually tried what @TomCgcmfc suggested and reinstalled since I wasn't very far in. I was under the assumption (incorrectly I might add) that switching to "Comfortable" meant teleportation movement instead of the smooth movement with "Immersive". It turns out that it isn't and so I didn't need to uninstall. The options you are looking for are in the game menu at the top of the rock on the right. "Comfortable" is equal to "Recommended for motion sensitivity". "Immersive" is equal to "Recommended for standing play". I'm not sure why the devs changed the terminology in the menu. There are a few people who have posted about this, so it's clearly confusing for those playing the game. I'm also a bit bummed that there isn't any teleportation movement since I still get a little nauseous in this game. But I guess that's not the devs fault. 😛