cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Katwalk For VR

DNACowboy
Adventurer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKCKb7uJo6E

Compatible with 95% of existing titles and plans to include most future ones.
Who is John Galt?
17 REPLIES 17

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Kat Walk does look the best so far. Everything else has that waist ring that will get in the way.

The big question is how much?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
Looks neat, but I bet that first guy is burning up in that outfit, no one would play in that unless they wanted to sweat like mad.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Actually this would solve sooo many problems I'm currently facing during standing VR experiences.

1. Any touch game that envolves throwing, hitting, sword swinging or even just raising a gun to shoot. Always starts with the immersion breaking thought of "How close to the edge of my play area am I and what am I about to hit?" This would remove that entirely.

2. Roomscale and teleportation Would no longer be needed. Any teleportation only games would be removed from my pc.

3. (This is the biggest issue I personally have). I have arthritis in both my knees. I'm fine with walking and very small distances of running. The big problem comes to crouching. This seriously limits me to what I can play in standing VR. Dead and Buried for example, I love the quick draw matches as you just stand there but as soon as I try to play a shootout game where you need to duck for cover I'm screwed!
If this system allows for crouching by taking the weight off my knees (effectively letting me sit), then it's a winner in my books.

I'll be keeping an eye on this product.

kevink808
Superstar
I dunno.  See screenshot at 5:29...not sure the professionalism is there.

047laozd9ip8.jpg

Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

ramon
Protege

Bloodlet said:

Kat Walk does look the best so far. Everything else has that waist ring that will get in the way.

The big question is how much?

It's about 9000$ Dollars......

https://youtu.be/FEvXELPYYuk

Bloodlet
Rising Star

ramon said:

Yikes!!  Well it was a nice thought while it lasted...Would have had to cut a hole in my ceiling to fit it in anyway lol

DNACowboy
Adventurer

Bloodlet said:

ramon said:

Yikes!!  Well it was a nice thought while it lasted...Would have had to cut a hole in my ceiling to fit it in anyway lol

Don't panic, the price will floor as the technology matures.
Who is John Galt?

kevink808
Superstar
$9,000 would need to scale to somewhere around sub-$1,000 for this to MAYBE be a success mainstream, and by mainstream I mean those of us who eat caviar on breakfast toast.

Until then, I'll quietly muse about what exactly happens when someone trips in that concave bucket wearing mini little roller skates for shoes.  That harness may support 150 lb Asians, but what about fat Americans?
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

elboffor
Consultant

what about fat Americans?

Racist!

Some of us Yorkshire folk are fat as well!
Don't just assume Lard Butts are exclusive to the states!!!

For those that don't know what Yorkshire is like, think about The Shire from LOTR but real person and not hobbit size, also inventors of the Yorkshire pudding.
https://youtu.be/7ZZ9KOMLeVQ

On topic though, seems pretty awesomesauce
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.