cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left handed golf play?

tagordy60
Protege

Of the OQ2 golf games available, do any support left handed play?

2 REPLIES 2

Ryanality
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim, I hear Golf+ is pretty great for lefties though I haven't tried it myself. Supposedly it'll even be able to identify when a lefty hooks a shot to the left. You might try asking in this thread on Golf+ if anyone is left handed and has had more personal experience with the app.

Help others find great discussions and answers by adding kudos and marking solutions to your questions.

Trailblazzer
Honored Guest

I’m a total lefty and lefty golfer. Don’t feel neglected. Only 5% of golfers play lefty.  I racked my brain looking for handedness in the settings and couldn’t find it. Then, I don’t know why it didn’t work the first time but I picked up the left controller and when I selected club adjustment mode, it put a left hand driver in my hand.  The first time I tried it was a right hand driver but maybe I had the right hand controller?  The club adjustment mode doesn’t look like it does anything but I realized it just moves very slowly because it is moving the club head a very small angle.  I was able to hit balls on the practice range and play the Castle course, one of two free courses. The PGA courses are $5-7 each.   You really have to attach your controller to one of the golf club accessories to play decent. You see the virtual club when it is lined up on the ball but on your backswing and your stroke, you cannot see the club or feel its weight and it is hard to even contact the ball. You don’t have to have a perfect backswing, but it appears the distance depends on the velocity you swing with. In fact, one board tells you your distance hit, peak elevation, ball speed, ball rotation rate, and Club speed for every stroke. My 30 mph swing went 140 yards with a sand wedge!  My shots were very forgiving and always went very straight which is not what others are saying. One other comment, when teeing off, pressing one of the triggers, lights up a trajectory to the pin that helped me aim.   Enjoy!