cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minecraft won´t launch

Lightfalls
Explorer
Hi there guys! when I launch minecraft from oculus home the game starts and I can hear the music on the background also xbox live trying to connect or sometin, after this I remove the headset and in desktop I can see minecraft running with a white screen, don´t know what to do anymore, I´ve tried a lot of solutions presented by many people on the forum and google but with no sucess... I was able to play a month before with no issues, I even associated my mojang account to minecraft windows 10 edition at that time to have my game fully unlocked, can you help me guys? 
6 REPLIES 6

Bruxs
Explorer
Same for me. Minecraft is no longer working in VR

Lightfalls
Explorer
Well i´ve done more extra digging and I found a solution, tbh I did a lot of things and I don´t know what specifically made the spark so at the end it worked! finally!! 

First of all I´ve created another windows 10 user account, installed » tried minecraft VR in oculus Homes and BAM! worked! I was like wtf? ok so it´s my user account that is corrupted or sometin... and after this I went were the game was installed:

"C:\Users\Yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MinecraftUWP_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\games\com.mojang" on the new user account that i´ve created, copied and replaced the files inside of it to the same folder in the  other corrupted user account.
After this i´ve ran a .bat file to correct any problems with administrator access problems:

1. Press Windows+R, write Notepad and click Ok;

2. paste the folowing commands below to the notepad:

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\inf\defltbase.inf /db defltbase.sdb /verbose

RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicyUsers"

RD /S /Q "%WinDir%\System32\GroupPolicy"

gpupdate /force

shutdown.exe -r -f -t 0

3. Save as and name it ResetPol.bat and click to Save (Save on desktop);

4. Press right mouse button on ResetPol.bat and  execute as Administrator;

5. Wait for it and after that Windows will restart.

Then I´ve used 2 commands in CMD (as adminstrator ofc) to fix aditional corrupted files on my user account profile:

1st one:    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

2nd one:   sfc /scannow

After this I´ve restarted my PC and tried to run Minecraft VR from Oculus and finally I´ve played the godamn game again! I hope this will help a lot of folks around here and there! 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can someone pleaseeee make a video or something on this, I just cannot figure this out. I'm 90% sure this is the solution to why star trek and vr chat wont launch with me either (neither will minecraft) and oculus support is useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

Btw i have never been able to get the app to work,I launch it and it sends me into the blank loading area and on my desktop its the app running but just a square white screen after showing the Mojang logo 

TheLastChicken said:

Can someone pleaseeee make a video or something on this, I just cannot figure this out. I'm 90% sure this is the solution to why star trek and vr chat wont launch with me either (neither will minecraft) and oculus support is useless

garnerbee33
Honored Guest
for me it just says minecraft for windows ten and has an hour glass and loads

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like the problem is still around, I ran the commands like you said but it didn't fix anything.