cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiplayer FPS Rift (optional)/ Hydra Game - Space Station

MikeArms24
Honored Guest
This is my evolving Unity work in progress. You can play it without a Rift or Hydra if you want, but both are highly recommended (especially the hydra). Steelclawz from this forum has been helping me as well. Almost all the gameplay elements require the hydra. Please tell me how this works for you if you have them. I'm especially interested in the performance on rift setups, I'm wondering if there are times it may slow down. All there is in the theater right now is a 3d trailer, but this week I will upload the latest version which includes the option of adding your own movie file, or files if you want to watch the movie in 3d.

Dropbox Link for Rift demo and 2d/ 3d vision demo:
http://goo.gl/SS4v8
Riftmax Theater 4D Multiplayer VR Cinema! http://www.riftmax.com - Latest DK2-ready version 0.415(11/27/2014)
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been working with Mike on this project and i gotta tell you guys, its pretty incredible. When you find a spot you like in the theater a virtual seat comes out of the floor and gives you many options, one of them is raising the seat, and this seat goes high, while at any point you order a drink and a virtual tray comes up to you with a soda. you can then grab the soda with your Hydra and enjoy the show. We are working on a way to add your own movies, but for now it is a demonstration of whats to come.

Njoy!

drash
Heroic Explorer
Quite an interesting concept picking out a spot in the theater and having a seat materialize around you, with options you can punch ahead of you.

I didn't get to try it with a Rift yet but the scale of the theater looks great and can't wait to try it out!

Did I need to have Motion Creator 2 running to be able to move around using the Hydra? I didn't bother with Motion Creator stuff and I was only able to punch things.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes you do to pick up objects

MikeArms24
Honored Guest
All the buttons, as well as the movement controls on the hydras to this point have been mapped with motion creator in the game. Without it you'd just be able to move the hands and make the hand gestures but not switch guns/ shoot guns/ move around/jump and look around manually with the hydras. Once you add the profile it is best to just right-click and hit "force" on the game in the motion creator list while you play.

Update: The latest version has the hydra fully mapped in-game and does away with the need for the Motion Creator program. Also, I just finished adding a 1:1 baseball home run derby simulator which turned out very well. I am receiving my Rift in a day or two and I will be separating the look controls on the rift from the player movement to make the game movement more realistic. I will update the latest by the end of the week.
Riftmax Theater 4D Multiplayer VR Cinema! http://www.riftmax.com - Latest DK2-ready version 0.415(11/27/2014)