cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home Apps Tested with DK2

Anonymous
Not applicable
As DK2 users test out Oculus Home apps for compatibility please post results here so other DK2 users know what works and what apps may not work with DK2.

Thanks

Edit:

Reported to work with DK2;
  • Oculus Dreamdeck
  • The Body VR
  • Colosse
  • Henry
  • Lucky's Tale
  • Farland
  • Elite Dangerous
  • Chronos
  • ADR1FT
  • EVE: Valkyrie 
  • Dreadhalls
  • Gunjack
  • Airmech
  • Blazerush
  • Jaunt
  • Subnautica
  • Lost
  • Invasion
  • Technolust 
Reported to NOT work with DK2;
  • None reported thus far..  🙂

Note: XBox Controller is required. There are reports of some XBox emulating controllers working.
102 REPLIES 102

CountBorgula
Protege
Lucky's Tale, dreamdeck, technolust all work great!

johnrabbit
Honored Guest
Anyone know if Dreadhalls or Darknet work? Would love to try either of those but not sure if I want to potentially waste $20.

Also couldn't get Jaunt to load, just sat at the logo splash screen endlessly.

CountBorgula
Protege
I got Jaunt working just fine.

RikkTheGaijin
Heroic Explorer
DK2
GTX980
i7-2600
16GB memory

Dreamdeck > Perfect FPS but for some reason the tracking was weird, the camera was under the ground
Lost > Perfect
Henry > Perfect
Lucky's Tale > Perfect
Farlands > Perfect
Invasion! > Perfect

VerumbitQuest
Honored Guest
Oculus Home working but past VR games not anymore:

I have DK2 + xbox controller. Installed Oculus Home and works perfectly with Eve Valkyrie and Chronos. Sensor & controller are working. Even if I have a NVIDIA 770 (and not the 970 suggested by oculus site), I run Chronos at max graphic level "Epic" and works perfectly. 

The only problem is that after installing Oculus Home, all the other past games and demos are not working anymore. Oculus driver 0.8.0.0 was overwritten by Oculus Home driver and if I try to re-install the 0.8.0.0 (or prev version), then it happens that  Oculus Home is not working anymore.

How can I keep on playing with Oculus Home games and also using Oculus with past application & games?

I have already purchased Elite Dangerous on Steam months ago and worked perfectly with Oculus driver 0.8.0.0 : after installing Oculus Home the game is not working anymore....anybody can help ?

Thanks

marvinthedog
Honored Guest
I have a HD5870 and the oculus home setup told me to update my graphics cards drivers and then come back to setup. But AMD Catalyst Control Center told me there were no new updates to download so i went into my web browser and downloaded the latest AMD drivers manually and installed them. When I went back to oculus home setup it told me i still needed to update my graphics cards drivers. Seems like my card is way to old   😞   or is there something else I could try?

dc2889
Expert Protege
DK2
MSI R9 390 GAMING 8G Graphics Card
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz 
8GB memory

Dreamdeck > Perfect the tracking was weird, the camera was under the ground also
Lost > Perfect
Henry > Perfect
Lucky's Tale > Perfect
Farlands > Perfect
Invasion! > Perfect
oculus test says my rig isn't compatible i don't understand why but would like to find out 

VizionVR
Rising Star
Henry was fun

dc2889 said:

oculus test says my rig isn't compatible i don't understand why but would like to find out 

They all say that right now because of the DK2 hardware. It's not a problem with your system.
Not a Rift fanboi. Not a Vive fanboi. I'm a VR fanboi. Get it straight.

Z30N117
Protege

On my PC (non-laptop, running 1.3 and DK2 on an AMD 7870) the sensor works, the headset doesn't (but it does track through the headset which is weird... I can wave it about and see the tracking in the preview window). Bit stumped, really... 😕

I had the same issue. If you wait long enough the Headset will power on and start working. I was stumped for a while over this until i sit it down for a couple minutes and it powered right up and worked great.

Z30N117
Protege

Steffen said:

I installed the new software and have downloaded some of the apps that shuld work with dk2 but all I get is orange light from the diode that needs to be blue and I can not se the store in my dk2. Using Windows 7, anyone else have this issue?

Same thing with me. I let me headset sit for a few minutes after launching the oculus software and it will eventually have a video show up in the screen. I am using windows 10 but its worth a try. Just start oculus home and wait a few minutes and it should start coming through the headset.