cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Brutal Dungeon (Tech Demo)

Stardog
Honored Guest
Description
It lets you walk around a few dungeon levels, and lets you look at some enemies close up.

Download
One Brutal Dungeon v3

Screenshots
10 REPLIES 10

gapper4
Protege
The environments look very good ! Looking forward to seeing more of it.

Raven
Protege
Nice title screen. Any chance of a mac build?

Stardog
Honored Guest
I don't have a Mac, sorry!

Fluke
Heroic Explorer
There seems to be something about dungeons in the Rift that make things seem more "solid" than other environments - maybe it's their closed in nature or something (or maybe it's just me).

Only negative things I'd have to mention are the lag/drift of the cursor (not the actual head tracking) and the fact it gets a bit too large at points, and that I seemed to struggle to get it to register picking up a key if it was on the floor. I had to keep moving about until I finally seemed to hit a sweet spot and I could pick it up.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more. I know people keep saying flight/space/combat sims are going to be massive in VR, but I think dungeon crawlers are going to be insanely popular as well.
Co-host of Recentered - A VR Podcast, available on all normal podcast streaming services.

VRoom
Honored Guest
Nice start.
I like the look and feel of the dungeon.
I know this is probably just an early test, but I kept wishing there would be a bit more variety here and there, to reward and motivate the player to keep searching (some room with huge statue and different lighting would already have a big impact in VR 🙂 ).
Keep it up, looks promising!

DarkJames
Honored Guest
"Stardog" wrote:

You can still create a Mac build on Windows if you're using Unity I believe 🙂 And us Mac users appreciate even if you can just push the build and get someone to verify it runs, we understand it wouldn't be as well supported as your native OS!
Seeing is believing

Stardog
Honored Guest
I thought I replied to this yesterday... maybe the database rolled back or something.

"Fluke" wrote:
There seems to be something about dungeons in the Rift that make things seem more "solid" than other environments - maybe it's their closed in nature or something (or maybe it's just me).

Only negative things I'd have to mention are the lag/drift of the cursor (not the actual head tracking) and the fact it gets a bit too large at points, and that I seemed to struggle to get it to register picking up a key if it was on the floor. I had to keep moving about until I finally seemed to hit a sweet spot and I could pick it up.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing more. I know people keep saying flight/space/combat sims are going to be massive in VR, but I think dungeon crawlers are going to be insanely popular as well.

I think the cursor maybe wasn't reaching far enough. It should be easier to pick up if you stand exactly on top. I've increased the distance a little now. I've made the cursor a little bit faster too.

"VRoom" wrote:
Nice start.
I like the look and feel of the dungeon.
I know this is probably just an early test, but I kept wishing there would be a bit more variety here and there, to reward and motivate the player to keep searching (some room with huge statue and different lighting would already have a big impact in VR 🙂 ).
Keep it up, looks promising!

The visuals are from the mobile version of the game, so that's why things are a bit simple. If I make a few PC-specific levels I can do more open areas for sure.

"DarkJames" wrote:
"Stardog" wrote:

You can still create a Mac build on Windows if you're using Unity I believe 🙂 And us Mac users appreciate even if you can just push the build and get someone to verify it runs, we understand it wouldn't be as well supported as your native OS!

You're right. I just did a build. Try and see if you can get it to work.

aastroem
Honored Guest
"Stardog" wrote:

"DarkJames" wrote:
"Stardog" wrote:

You're right. I just did a build. Try and see if you can get it to work.

The Mac version works perfectly, thanks !

DarkJames
Honored Guest
I also got it to work!

Feels very much like the Legend of Grimrock levels.
Seeing is believing