cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orbus just confuses holy heck out of me

Devilstower
Level 5
I'm an experienced player on MMORPGs going back to Ultimate Online and Meridian 59 (with a lot of games since then). And I've played dozens of Oculus games since I purchased the dev kit back at the Kickstarter.

But Orbus just has me buffaloed. 

I launch the game and it leaves me standing in the middle of a field. No signs. No instructions. Nothing in reach. I try the movement typical on other RPGs and FP games ... nope. Teleport ala many shooters? Nope. Does anything throw up a help screen? Nothing I've hit. There is a row of (from where my character stands) unreadable signs in the distance and a guy standing over to one side. But how I get to them, or do anything at all, is completely non-obvious.

Is there some kind of documentation or instructions for this game? It clearly works for a lot of people, so I'm missing something obvious. But it's certainly doing nothing to help me.
3 REPLIES 3

Zenbane
Level 15
Sounds like the screen didn't finish loading. Have you turned and looked in a full 360 pan?

Maybe the menu is behind you!

When it first loads, you are prompted to create your character. Granted, it is a bit of a sloppy process (using your finger to click on flat text). But you shouldn't just stand there in an empty field.

The beginning of this video shows exactly what you should see as a new player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KEiPSif0Yw

Devilstower
Level 5
Nope, I can look around, but there's no sign of the Orbus sign as seen in the video. There's a person standing over to one side, what looks like a short row of signs, and a wall ... but they're all off in the distance. The only thing nearby is grass.

Zenbane
Level 15
Can you try to take a screenshot of the person and row of signs? That's intriguing!