cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm interface menu not working with hand tracking??

GEARS2FEARS
Honored Guest

When I'm using hand tracking in main screen

And look at my palms the two pinch options come up the one with the ''O'' on the right works fine, but the one on the left with the 3 lines keeps disappearing when I put my finger together and nothing happens? Same for vrchat I can't open my in game menu with hand tracking menu Palm button? Why is this?

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! We hate hearing about your hand tracking problems, @GEARS2FEARS. We want to do everything we can to get you back online because we know how much fun it is to use our cutting-edge technology.

The first thing we should try is to manually reboot the device:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight "Boot device" and press the power button.

When you are back into the device, make sure that you have sufficient lighting to make sure that your headset is able to track your hands.

Another thing that could help the issue is to try internally adjusting tracking frequency through settings:

• Go to Settings > Device > Tracking frequency
  • Then adjust the frequency to see if it improves your tracking.

If you run into any problems please let us know and we will do everything we can to help.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

So I have tried all of those things, reboot, turned up tracking to 60hz and I even factory reset it still the menu button for hand tracking won't work I have talked to a couple people on vr chat and they are having the same problem ever since the update? I even tried it on my other oculus quest 2 and same thing I can't open the in game menu in vrchat either it like it out of Position or something Because it doesn't lineup with my fingers unlike The one on the right hand?

We want to strongly encourage you to submit a help request with our support staff because we are aware of how frustrating it can be to have lost tracking on your controller. We want to be able to help in real time so that you can get back to playing comfortably. You can contact us by going through this section of our website

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

NotReallyVR
Honored Guest

I’m having the exact same problem, and nothing that OculusSupport recommended is fixing it. Have you found a solution yet? 😞

CWESTHQ
Honored Guest

Also doesn’t work for me…

Hey there, @CWESTHQ. We want to make sure you can use all the features of hand tracking. Have you had a chance to try any troubleshooting yet? If so, please let us know what you were able to do. Once we have those details, we can provide more help to try to get things working properly for you. 

Hi again @CWESTHQ. We just wanted to check in with you to see if you still needed help with the hand tracking feature. If so, please let us know. We are happy to help!

Blue_Rooster
Honored Guest

I'm having the same problem it's the menu button itself because if you switch the meta button and menu button from left to right the meta button still works but the menu won't . 

They know it’s an ongoing issue but play dumb. Support told me to check the batteries…. In what? My hand? Then they want you to completely reset it and it’ll do nothing. And then they’ll say and it in, but they won’t send you a replacement beforehand. I chatted with support for 10 hours on WhatsApp and it was a waste of time

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?