cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parachute Experience in VR with sensor based setup

yagizu
Honored Guest
Hello OculusVR Community!

Recently we developed an experience for oculus rift dk2. We wanted the player to interact naturally so we used some sensors to improve the experience. I would like to hear your opinions/critics about the project.
All details are given below:
Video is here : https://vimeo.com/122973279

"Action Star - Parachute" is a short, scenario based virtual reality experience.
Just after the experience starts you find yourself in a cosy living room watching tv. After the advertisement, an action movie starts. Three professional skydivers are going to an island for a rescue mission in a bad weather. There is no place for the plane to land so everybody has to jump out. While you are watching first seconds of the that movie, things start to get weird and suddenly you find yourself inside the movie playing as one the movie stars. When the time comes it's your turn to jump out of the plane. With the pressure sensor above your feet the system senses if you step forward and let's you jump in the virtual world. After the jump all you need is to use the installed cords to control the parachute. Main objective of the experience is to land as close as possible to the signal tower.

SkydivingVR
Honored Guest
Hey let me know if you ever want any Freefall videos. I'm talking freeflying, head first stuff, or sit flying, or workld records head down or relative work.

CRW which is Canopy relative work where teams fly their canopies in formation and dock on each other etc (RIP Vaughny - Past weekend).

Also proximity flying. I can get some nice vids like this stuff... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GASFa7r ... redirect=1
see how close the boys are flying along next to the roads and just scooting over the rocks by a few metres etc.

Depending on what is wanted done, I could probably get some custom film work done for you
I am a professional skydiving Freefall Cinematographer of over 20 years. Lover of Air Jordan's and the future of what VR can become. Let me know if you need a fan for inside and outside of your mask to eliminate fogging. Free you cant pay $15