cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Pass through mode

d5x610
Explorer

I’d like to know if there is a way to engage a partial pass through mode universally. I’d like to be able to blend my real physical space with the virtual space in any app that I’m using whether or not the app has integrated MR. This would be useful for people who need to interact or be aware of the people and the space around them while in VR. I’d like to be able to play musical instruments in VR, and right now there is no social VR app that has implemented a partial pass through to enable a musician to see their musical instruments while also in VR.

It looks like Meta has done some experimenting with this as seen in this example. https://twitter.com/SadlyItsBradley/status/1621226124628951042

In that example it was from bottom to top with full on or off. If Meta does implement this, I hope there will be different modes like one that’s similar to that when you get to the edge of your guardian boundary that’s like an overall crossfade, and then another where you have a sphere around you that’s real that fades outward to the VR world, and perhaps one that’s like the Apple Vision Pro where VR is at center and fades to MR left and right in a circle around you.

With the incredible pass through quality of Quest 3 this feature would be very useful.

2 REPLIES 2

michalsok
Explorer

I would like to add to that.

I purchased the Quest 3 with hopes that the high resolution pass-through will allow me to use VR with my flight simulator and real physical cockpit.
There are cumbersome workaround methods to get there like explained in the link below but it would be great if it was native and easy.
https://youtu.be/Q0brsVwi20Q?si=57zQJNvNUmT4Bin_&t=956

Thank you.

Hey there! We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding this. We definitely agree that incorporating a partial passthrough feature could be an exciting option to add. We strongly advise posting this on our Idea forums page for developers to see, and possibly look into for future use. They love hearing feedback from our fellow gamers. You can do so by clicking the link here

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!