cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Population One No Game Audio On Stream At All When Streaming

SergeantMajorMo
Explorer
I have tried to stream Population one on my Quest 2 to Twitch a couple of times via OBS and every time the stream starts, the audio is fine with the menu music & sounds streaming through to twitch fine, but when I then join a lobby waiting for a game, all of the in game audio cuts on the stream (yet I hear everything fine through my headset).  The stream audio automatically resumes after the game finishes and I return to the menu lobby and the menu music and sounds start back up again.  I have been in touch with the game developers and they do not know why this would be happening at all, it's as though it is a privacy setting to block broadcast when joining with other players in a lobby.  

I have done a factory reset and allowed all permissions the game asks for.  The streaming setup should all be fine because both the Oculus menu sounds & Population One menu sounds come through on the stream fine, which shows the game is broadcasting sounds, just not when joining a game lobby.  I have streaming via casting to the browser and using browser capture in OBS, I have also purchased Air Receiver and used that as another capture source with the same results each time.  I also sometimes get a high pitch squeal coming through the stream (but not heard in the headphones).  These issues make it impossible to stream new VR content, which is turn will be damaging the potential to attract new players to both the game and VR itself.

15 REPLIES 15

mightycoconut
Protege
Hey I'm the Walkabout Mini Golf dev. Just found this when someone reported the issue. Yeah there's something going on under the hood when the mic turns on. We're looking into it but seems to be happening to all apps using Photon voice.

m3n0tu18
Explorer

Hey I'm the Walkabout Mini Golf dev. Just found this when someone reported the issue. Yeah there's something going on under the hood when the mic turns on. We're looking into it but seems to be happening to all apps using Photon voice.

Nice to meet you 🙂 yea I thought it was strange after I noticed walkabout golf doing it as well. Let's hope Oculus fix the issues 🙂 btw, awesome game you have created, my colleagues and I play it all the time.

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are still having the same issue with audio cutting out during Livestreams and casting when going into multiplayer. The only place I can see that looks like someone has an answer is Cook Out but I'm unsure if their patch is specific to this Livestream audio issue. I jumped into the PhotonEngine Discord and saw someone directly heard back from Oculus about the issue. No answers yet.

We were already building out a laptop version of Art Gate, which we can screen record and Livestream as a work around once it is launched. This is an Oculus issue across all multiplayer apps and it is mostly a waiting game for them to solve. m7jat486coge.png

xkt2v2jzug1g.png

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this, basically renders streaming useless! Audio prior to in game works fine but the second the game goes to waiting lobby it cuts out. Every stream is the same when trying to play Pop1 and stream it to FB, audio cuts out of the stream every time?! 

JimJam-FlimFlam
Honored Guest

I'm still having this problem too, come on pop one. Listen to your fanbase 😠

If Pop One ever fixed it, I'd like to know how. I'm a VR developer and we ran into the same issue. It's something Oculus changed/broke. I heard Cookout got around it but I'm not sure how.