cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Eye

jakeslack27
Level 2
Hi Rifters!

This is Jake from Private Eye, our little team from the UK have been working on this title for a little over 3 months and we are nearly ready to show you guys. It's going to be a noir thriller set in 1950s New York with the core gameplay mechanic revolving around exploring your environment with a pair of binoculars. The player will take control of a wheelchair bound protagonist and movement will be very limited with exploration focused primarily on looking. A serial killer is active and to solve you will need to explore both the view outside your window and memories from your past.
We hope that sounds interesting!?

We are looking to launch a Kickstarter campaign in approximately 3 weeks - going to record the promo video this weekend - slightly nervous!

Does anyone have any advice on how best to give the project its best shot? We were perhaps thinking of releasing a small demo for the initial pledge. What do you guys think?

Thanks for checking us out, Jake and the Private Eye team
Creative Director of Private Eye - A cinematic, neo-noir thriller for the Oculus Rift, where voyeurism meets mystery, played out against a 1950's New York city backdrop. Official Site: http://www.privateeyevr.com
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck Jake, loved the demo at VR Brighton, will defo be backing when you do launch.

Know how you feel, we're launching our Kickstarter for Radial-G next week and it's a lot of effort!

jakeslack27
Level 2
Thanks dude, likewise. We've been trying to launch for about 5months now. As an indie you only got one shot so you got to make it count. Best of luck dude really hope you make it, I'll do my bit to help 🙂
Creative Director of Private Eye - A cinematic, neo-noir thriller for the Oculus Rift, where voyeurism meets mystery, played out against a 1950's New York city backdrop. Official Site: http://www.privateeyevr.com

cybereality
Level 15
Looking good.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

conlan
Level 2
Looking great!! I'll definitely back a copy on your kickstarter. I agree though that I wouldn't try any demos -- I don't want to spoil any surprises for later 😉