cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Cars VR Settings help!

Hellfiend
Explorer
Hey Guys,

This was properly covered a few times but i just can't get the game to run nicely. The game looks very blurry and cartoony comparing to Assetto Corsa and it just doesn't run very well alot of people say the Project Cars looks better in VR then AC and i have to disagree to be honest i agree with the guys when it comes monitors it is eye candy but in VR no atleast not for me. I know the game is demanding. My Specs are

i5 4670K (4.2 OC)
16 GIG Rams DDR3 
980Ti
480 SSD

everything on low except car details & map details. I've tried everything on Ultra i dont see the difference in game in VR to be honest. I've tried the debug tool to 1.5 as well. overall am not happy with the game. 

Your suggestions is highly appreciated
7 REPLIES 7

mbze430
Rising Star
with a 980ti set everything in Medium and you can use 1.2.  this will still make you drop 90fps but ATW will handle the drop frames.  Good luck  There is no way to change the "style" how the game looks.  it is what it is.  I have a Titan XP, and although I can run it with higher settings, it won't change how it will look

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Hellfiend
Explorer
Thanks alot how about the AA which one do you prefer looks wise. 

mbze430
Rising Star
DS2M is what I run on my TXP with 1.5.  no way I can even run DS6X+ without huge frame drops.  when I had my 980TIs I had it set to DS2X with 1.2 with Medium, but you can play around, some settings I was able to set to high, but I can't remember anymore.  But DS2x with 1.2 at medium I can race 24 cars very well on the 980TI
Ryzen 7 5800X3D | GSkill 32GB DDR4 | MSI RTX 4090 | Gigabyte Aorus X570 ITX | Samsung 980 Pro 2TB PCIe/NVMe

Hellfiend
Explorer
Thanks man ill try it out

Greyman
Superstar
Enable ASW and you should be able to raise your graphics settings significantly.  You'll find a discussion about it on this forum, towards the top of this category.

Hellfiend
Explorer
yea i tried it last night very nice. everything on ultra with 2x AA and 1.5 in the Debug Tool getting constant 45 FPS and its butter smooth loving the new update.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant get Cars VR to run in a street view mode it seems to be running In a mode that I cant see the track....I used to work but I changed something, don't know what and now I cant see the track.......Help the game is worthless to me as its set up. ......Help    Lee