cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 Link not working with VRChat

angellie444
Honored Guest

I have been trying to troubleshoot this for hours, my friends with quest link say they've never encountered this issue.  I'm at a complete loss here

I link using the cable, I get to the menu and everything, wow great.  I play VRChat.  It runs smooth.  But then after 10 minutes or so of gameplay, the game freezes in the headset, and the application itself on my desktop monitor is pitch black.  

I've done EVERYTHING from clearing the cache, reinstalling software, updating software and drivers, restarting my PC and headset, messing with bitrate settings, using the oculus debug tool..... NOTHING solves this issue.  

I've tried using airlink and it is unbelievably laggy to the point that even just the main menu is unusable, so apparently that's not an option.  

Here are my specs: 

Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12400F   2.50 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 (driver version 532.03)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Running windows 11.

6 REPLIES 6

AliceinVRworld
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hello there! I hate to hear you're having issues with your VR chat and device 😞 However, I was wondering if you have submitted a bug report? I was using VR chat last week and was having the same issue. Have not tried it again but I believe is just bugs on the app and on certain worlds. Have you been able to use VR chat normally before? 

We are all mad here.

Hi, I appreciate your response

I've been able to play VRChat normally on QUEST ONLY, but I just recently got my first gaming PC, specifically so I could use quest link, and sadly this has been an issue since I got it.  

This morning I sent in a support ticket for VRChat, sending the same exact details.  

Praying that maybe its something they can fix, or just some odd setting I have to adjust

Gotcha. Well my issue was using the standalone only I don't connect with link.. However, you're specs look good  did you double check with your friend regarding if the specs seem okay with them (I believe they would be on link as well?) Is this the only game you're having issues with? 

You can also check here for the specs compatibility! 

We are all mad here.

MrBonded
Honored Guest

Did you ever find a fix for this? having the same problem

Hey @MrBonded! We hate to hear that you are having issues with VR chat using your Link cable. As gamers ourselves, we know how important it is to make sure your cables are working properly. Not to worry, let's get you back into the VR world! Could you please try the following:

• Uninstall and reinstall the app.
  • Make sure your internet connection is strong.
  • Try a different internet connection if possible.
  • Are there any rips, tares, or kinks in the cable?
  • Does this happen when just playing VR chat or all apps?
  • Reboot the headset.

Please let us know if this worked for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there! We're just following up with you to see if you still need assistance. If so, please provide the information from our previous message and we'll assist. We hope you have a great day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!