cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Robinson The Journey on special

bigmike20vt
Visionary

A quick question..... (excuse my ignorance) but if i buy games on oculus store do they unlock "stuff" to put in your oculus home area (as in models or items pertaining to the game?   Thanks

£6.24 on steam

£5.99 on oculus store.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/579820/Robinson_The_Journey/

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/app/1162702973806457/

Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

LZoltowski
Champion
Holy moly that is a good deal!, I would get it for Oculus Store, that app needs every bit of juice your pc can throw at it, and I find steam games run a tad worse.

And only apps from Oculus Store give you achievements, cartridge and posters, inside of your home.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

KlodsBrik
Expert Trustee
Grabbed it yesterday.
 This halloween sale got damn good deals on oculus ?
Be good, die great !

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Cheers for letting use know. Purchased..

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
My review from the Oculus Store, I rated the game 5 stars. Touch control was difficult to learn, but in the end I got so used to it that it worked flawlessly. I wrote the review after haven played a couple of hours. It one of the best Rift games ever - maybe even worth considering to be an AAA game (end credits takes 20 minutes to show and contains about 1000 names):   

"Awesome experience, challenging controls
This is a truly beautiful game, and most of all this game may be considered an adventure game - it does in some aspects remind me of the PC game Trespasser. Touch controls are implemented and you can grab some objects and climb - well, mostly like in Crytek's other VR game The Climb 😉 But it is cumbersome to grab ledges and pull yourself up - I've died MANY times, but with a lot of practice you'll learn to manage. Adding pieces to fix a broken windmill using Touch got my blood pressure sky high. Apart for some - occasionally - control frustration the game is a great experience. Life is everywhere from the smallest insects in the air and on the ground to the largest dinos ever known; I've never seen a game world with such a massive amount of living organisms before. This is truly Jurassic World, and it really feels like being there - don't buy Ark Park or The Climb, you'll get it all in this game! 😉 You don't feel much alone thanks to the two AIs, your guide-bot and your pet baby t-rex. If I was a teenager again, to play this game I'd happily simulate a stomach pain to stay home from school - it's that good, but not right from the beginning. Don't give up on this game and get a refund before you've at least visited the Jungle and fixed the Farm. In many ways the graphics - although textures aren't always sharp - are just as impressive as Lone Echo. I'm running the game using highest settings for graphics including super sampling at 2.0 - ok, I did use normal antialiasing, temporal antialiasing looked too blurry. No matter the antialiasing I did not notice any frame dropping on an oc'ed GTX 1080 with i7 7700K and 16GB PC3200. If this game had Touch controls implemented like in Lone Echo (and I want arms, not just hands! 🙂 this game would deserve 7/5 stars ;-)"

Maybe we should make a t-shirt saying "I completed Robinson: The Journey" 😉 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Chazmeister
Rising Star
I actually enjoyed the climbing in this a lot more than I did in The Climb, as it gave me a much better feeling of height and peril than The Climb did. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed Robinson; it's definitely one of the better VR experiences out there imho.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Oh I missed this sale! Oh no!!! It's back upto £22.99 now! 😞
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Oh I missed this sale! Oh no!!! It's back upto £22.99 now! 😞

The game is easily worth £46  😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Best to check regular for deals in this section of the forum. But I'm a tight sod, so I'm always on the lookout for deals. I haven't always been a tight git, it's the cost of living that's drove me to been one..

sford52
Heroic Explorer
I think if you put a game in your "wishlist", you'll be emailed when it goes on sale. I feel your pain @RedRizla, retirement has certainly made me .. umm.. budget conscious
ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home