cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roblox VR Toggle Button missing

ItsAwesome2252
Honored Guest
I have the Oculus Quest and had played VR on Roblox for a few weeks. We just got a new gaming laptop (better and has all the specs that Oculus needs) and the VR toggle button does not show up in Roblox VR games. I went to Menu then Settings and the VR button is not there. I have researched this for hours and can't find a way to fix it. How do I get the VR button to show up so I can play Roblox again? It won't work and I am assuming it is because I don't have the VR toggle. We have a new Anker cable so that isn't it. 
13 REPLIES 13

Pixie40
Expert Trustee
It's possible that the laptop doesn't actually meet the specs to run Roblox in VR. If you've previously been using a desktop, keep in mind that a laptop GPU is going to be less powerful then the desktop one, even if they have the same name. You'll have to check if your laptop's GPU actually is capable of running the game in VR or not.

EDIT: It's also possible that your laptop's graphics card is VR capable, but Oculus Link doesn't support it.
Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

ItsAwesome2252
Honored Guest
It’s the Omen HP Valkyrie 16gb R7 1660Ti . From what so can tell it should work fine with Roblox/Oculus . 

DoinSeth
Honored Guest
Did you find a solution for this? We have the same issue. The Quest 2 is connected with Oculus link cable and Oculus app but the VR mode toggle is not present in Roblox. Enabled the unknown sources but it makes no difference. Tried Steam VR and it works fine but no change in Roblox.

DeclanH09
Honored Guest
i have the same problem and i have a vr gaming pc so its not his laptop

DoinSeth
Honored Guest
I finally got Roblox working in VR mode! It does not work when using the Roblox App in Windows. But when I start a game from roblox.com it works! Starts directly in VR mode. Just start Oculus VR app, Unknown sources in the Oculus app must be enabled, connect Oculus Link, go to roblox.com with Chrome and start a game. First time it downloads robloxplayerlauncher. 

ah yes at first it was working for me and my laptop is not the best but can run oculus and has the specs but i use roblox.com aswell and at first it worked but after turning off vr mode to play something else the button had mysteriously gone missing ive tried steam vr ive tried air link i got a link cable tried that but nothing seems to work could you help me out?

UckyDuckyYT
Protege

So i think i found a fix for it. So just go to the roblox app on your desktop then to go to settings then click on the Disable Beta button. then fill the survey if you want then it should close the roblox app. Then go to the roblox website and play any game and run steam vr just before you get in the server then roblox vr should be working for you again. Heres a Youtube video showing you how to do the same thing just incase you didnt understand me : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUetXgkx2a8&ab_channel=lilinklin

I have the same issue with VR mode disappearing when I turned it off, but I've done everything, and it seems permanent. Is there anything else I can do? I don't understand why Roblox posted on Roblox Support saying that you could easily turn it back on, when we have to go through an unnecessary process just to enable VR Mode.

did you turn off the roblox app beta?? if you didnt then do what this video says : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUetXgkx2a8&ab_channel=lilinklin