cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rockstar ‘AAA Open World’ VR Game In Development!!!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
This could be "Alyx class" news, we'll see:

https://uploadvr.com/rockstar-vr-game-aaa-open-world/ ;

p85vddi9bvgo.jpg

"Gearing up" is probably not exactly the same as "launching extremely soon" 😄  - could be years into the future, but still awesome for Rockstar to increase VR support and commitment.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

12 REPLIES 12

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I bet it'll be GTA6 - VR only  😄  😄  😄 

sfaqgld202gv.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

In case this hasn't been shared yet,

L.A.Noire: The VR Case Files Developer Working on “AAA Open World Title in VR” for Rockstar Games

“Having finished the critically well received L.A.Noire: The V.R. Case Files we are now gearing up for a new project, a AAA open world title in VR for Rockstar. 2020 marks our 7th year of working exclusively for Rockstar in Sydney and we are excited to taking on this ground breaking project.

We have a number of job openings in our Sydney studio including Senior Programmers, Engine Programmer, Designer and Animator. If you are interested in one of these positions or would like two speak to someone who works here about VGD please get in touch.”

https://nichegamer.com/2020/07/06/l-a-noire-the-vr-case-files-developer-working-on-aaa-open-world-ti...

I haven't played L.A. Noire, but have read good things about it. And Open World VR experience is always welcome!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Road To VR also published an article:

https://www.roadtovr.com/rockstar-vr-game-open-world/

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I think everyone posted an article including me. I did dig out some extra bits of info though especially the fact Team Bondi founder Brendon Mcnamara is part of Video Games Deluxe.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was disappointed with LA Noire because the movement was crap. If they had free locomotion in the game it would have been a real winner. ☹

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still hoping that they're going to develop and release a GTA game set in London in the 60s. Plenty of gang activity and gang wars to be getting into and the music and cars would be AWESOME.

ShocksVR
Superstar
I'd be ecstatic for a REAL GTA:5 VR port; or as I've seen it described as GTA V:R
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
There's 2 threads for this btw. One in games and apps. So I'll post twice. I think GTA V is very likely given R*'s plans to bring the game now to PS5 and Xbox Series X (possible PSVR version then). Video Games Deluxe worked on the LA Noire conversion to VR (some of the team worked on the original as the now defunct Team Bondi) and it makes sense that they could do the same for GTA V. With GTA V already having a first-person mode and all the assets in-place, the cost of implementing motion controls won't be as high as making a new game from scratch. I think R* is sensible enough to know that a proper GTA V VR game would sell very well on multiple platforms and could continue bringing home the bacon further if they were able to keep GTA Online VR as an option. 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
ah my bad. Link to the other thread? Can have the Mod's merge.
 🙂