cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo VR shutdown

128ajb
Explorer
To whoever it may concern, 

I am deeply saddened by the news that EchoVR will be closing its doors on 1st August 2023. The Echo community is huge, established and it will be a great loss to many of us should the game disappear entirely. This is why I write to you today, to show that there is still demand for the game and I hope that you will reconsider your approach to close down the servers for Echo VR on the due date. 

We do not need much, or for the game to continue to be developed, simply the request to keep the servers open so that we can continue to enjoy and play this game with the friends we have made and the teams we have formed over the years since the game was released. 

If it is a matter of cost, I am willing to offer, along with many others, monetary contribution to upkeep the servers. A small subscription fee each month should be enough to keep your servers open and I hope you will read and consider this proposal.

The community is huge, still growing, and it would be a shame to cut its potential short. There are community members holding tournaments, finding funding for LAN events and all this hard work will be lost the moment you shut down the servers for this game. Some of us play it daily, for exercise, with friends and for mental health and all this will also be lost. 

There is no good reason to cut the life of the game short just because you are putting resources into another game. I am not asking much of you, simply to honour the community that has dedicated so much of their time, energy and sweat into what I believe to be one of the best e-sports in the VR world today. 
I hope this message finds the relevant people with power to overturn the decision in August.

I would like to stress the importance of Echo VR to our community and I sincerely hope that you / Meta, reconsiders the decision to shut down the servers on the 1st August 2023.
196 REPLIES 196

Feen_
Honored Guest

I cannot believe we are in a situation where a company that owns billions can not afford to keep one of their biggest games alive on their main platform. 

Due to this. I can guarantee Rads next game will.not only be review stomped but will not reach at all.the height of what echo vr is. 

This is a grievous mistake and due to this not only RAD but Meta will be losing gargantuan amounts of revenue. There will be a hole that we will not filling any longer. 

You have to simply go back on this. Fund the RAD team, bring back either David or redevelop the game to where it doesn't break. 

I'm disgusted after all this commitment and time towards your products that you treat us like this.

Shakes_
Honored Guest

~Socially awkward, adult female here... Echo has encouraged me to be more social. It’s pushed me out of my comfort zone in a healthy way. I’ve meet people from all over the WORLD. Plus I’ve lost weight & built up my physical endurance. I think about the VRML side of the game & the team building experience some YOUTHS (and myself) might not have access to WITHOUT this game. I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, & made great memories. I’m thankful that I’ve had a chance to be part of an experience that is one of a kind in the VR world. 🌸

Our echo community asks that meta would please reconsider closing down the servers for this game. 👥

cause
Honored Guest

This needs to be saved. Echo Arena must stay so the VR community continues to grow and maybe have the chance to compete around the world to millions of people. SAVE ECHO ARENA

Nova-_
Honored Guest

Echo has been my favorite game for the past year and a half, I have met so many friends and I have had much needed experiences. I have decided so much time to Echo VR and I think shutting it down is the wrong direction. So many memories so many people that I could meet would be gone. Echo isn't just competitive, it's where you can go up to someone and just have fun and talk. Echo is my most played vr game because it's the only one I like. If Echo VR gets deleted I'm not playing vr anymore because there will be no reason for me to play 

MONKEEEEEEEEE
Honored Guest

Echo vr is my favorite game I’ve spent hundreds of hours on this game. And I’ve almost been playing for two years now. I’ve met so many good people on this game and had so many memorable experiences. There is no other game like echo so please keep the game available.

Tau-
Honored Guest

Echo VR was and still is a revolutionary game for the VR industry, not only for average consumers, but also for competitive gamers. Seeing as such this game was massive and is still growing and reaching new players to this day. The choice to strip the players of this masterpiece of a game was completely illogical. Not only the players but also the many organizations such as NEPA and VRML are going to take a big hit as a result of server shutdowns. I also think many of us are frustrated because of the lack of transparency about the servers. RAD claims they are transferring manpower to new projects, however little progress has been made on this game since Meta bought Echo. There are no new maps, mechanics, even quality of life features have not been improved on. Just tell the people that Meta took advantage of this game as a quick cash grab. They bought out the game, shunned the community and devs, and introduced new cosmetics to make money. Once they made enough money, they decided to close the game rather than improve it. Save our game which has been such a large part of people's lives over the past 5   1/2 years. Save the VR industry.

Such a great game and there really isn't anything like it on the quest. Seems foolish to toast a game that is at the top of most peoples suggested best free games on the quest.  

Couldn't agree more! Save echo!

Rad dropped the ball so hard on this..

Hey look... We know you love echo.. but guess what thought **bleep**! Haha idiots!

Oh by the way we're making a new game...

Community: rad can go screw itself.

Cinna-
Explorer

Echo arena has been my escapism for nearly 3 years now. I have met some of my closest friends and had some of the best experiences of my life in the arena, even competing in a LAN tournament last year.

Although I can't really bring anything new to the table with negotiations, ideas or interesting stories, echo has been a core part of my life and I truly believe my life would be far worse if it never existed. Because of all this I hope the decision to kill the game is reconsidered and the community can continue to enjoy this incredible game.

please understand and reconsider.