cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo VR shutdown

128ajb
Explorer
To whoever it may concern, 

I am deeply saddened by the news that EchoVR will be closing its doors on 1st August 2023. The Echo community is huge, established and it will be a great loss to many of us should the game disappear entirely. This is why I write to you today, to show that there is still demand for the game and I hope that you will reconsider your approach to close down the servers for Echo VR on the due date. 

We do not need much, or for the game to continue to be developed, simply the request to keep the servers open so that we can continue to enjoy and play this game with the friends we have made and the teams we have formed over the years since the game was released. 

If it is a matter of cost, I am willing to offer, along with many others, monetary contribution to upkeep the servers. A small subscription fee each month should be enough to keep your servers open and I hope you will read and consider this proposal.

The community is huge, still growing, and it would be a shame to cut its potential short. There are community members holding tournaments, finding funding for LAN events and all this hard work will be lost the moment you shut down the servers for this game. Some of us play it daily, for exercise, with friends and for mental health and all this will also be lost. 

There is no good reason to cut the life of the game short just because you are putting resources into another game. I am not asking much of you, simply to honour the community that has dedicated so much of their time, energy and sweat into what I believe to be one of the best e-sports in the VR world today. 
I hope this message finds the relevant people with power to overturn the decision in August.

I would like to stress the importance of Echo VR to our community and I sincerely hope that you / Meta, reconsiders the decision to shut down the servers on the 1st August 2023.
196 REPLIES 196

talldude1080
Explorer

One of the largest communities of vr with the strongest competitive scene that even Zuckerberg himself has enjoyed is loosing server support this august, the community is baffled and upset that the game is loosing the ability to play in any capacity soon. Players dont want to let go of one of the strongest franchises Vr as a whole has had and a game that has comepletly changed the way locomotion in vr is seen. Continued content and events loosing support is one thing, but let us play the game! thousands of players want some way to still play after august, weather that comes in the form of server software so we can host our own matches/lobbies through spark or a paid model, we dont care we just want to keep playing. We are willing to pay for the game as many have shown in the past with dlc purchases when we didnt need to pay, but if we need to pay to play we are willing.  We just want servers to stay up, nothing more.  

Meta please find it in your hearts to find a way to make the game feasible to play, we dont care how. ❤️

greenshirt123
Honored Guest

Echo stopped being a game for me a long time ago I started with my mic off and a whole lot of questions never asking because I didn’t want to put myself out there until one day a sat on someone’s legs in game and only stunned them not saying a word they sent me an invite since that day over two years ago I have cried bled and yelled over echo, it has been a home for me when ever I’m down or not feeling like I want to, I have sat In the lobby talking to people about their lives and how this is an escape for them, an escape from abusive fathers and overbearing mothers, or even depression and alcoholism, I learned to be myself and that’s something I’ve never done before. I’ve met people that have taught me, people that have inspired me,and people that I would never have met in the first place, and all of these I consider them my friends now. Echo was never about throwing a disc for me it was getting on a game I knew well and hanging out with my alternative family, my echo family. And learning about its enviable shut down burns me to the core, I’ve spent so much time caring and loving this game and without a hestitation I would pay anything to always have this community, my family, so I can play more vrml more cookie games more random 4pm matches with one hand. This game has given me something I fully can’t express in words, it has been there everyday for a long time now and I may call it a game but this stopped being a game for me along time ago, this is my echo family.

Warp_Gate
Explorer

Hello!
My name is Warp and I am a long time Echo VR player.
I started playing the game over 2 years ago, shortly after quest 2 released.
This game is where I've met most of the people I now know as my best friends we've shared countless hours together playing this game making memories that will never be forgotten.
This isn't just a game that may be ending.
its a sport, and an entire thriving community full of passionate people many of whom have dedicated countless hours into things for the community such as discord servers, events, leagues, tournaments, tools, casts, videos and much more!
This game has greatly changed many people's lives for the better, and I am one of them.
The world of VR simply will never be the same without Echo, and the community would appreciate any and all help anyone could provide in convincing Meta and RAD to reconsider this decision.
Thank you!

fritesgrec
Honored Guest

I only play echo vr on my headset. I could have bought a €400 headset with only echo vr built in in a hearbeat. Hell, I would happily spend a couple of grand to secure access to this game. (I didn't speed anything on cosmetics though because I'm rather anti in game purchase, but maybe I should have to show support) This game is the future. The next best game is miles away from echo vr. Billions were spend on the metaverse and the closest you can get to the metaverse equivalent of great team sport get closed. I cannot wrap my head around this.

moonlightstryke
Honored Guest

Don't shut echo down its like taking our home some people rely on echo such as nepa players to get paid and we love echo if you shut it down we lose it all

Skwimm
Honored Guest

as many of you have already heard, Echo VR is getting shut down. 

Many of us are deeply saddened about this announcement including myself. Echo VR has been an outlet for many of us and it has stopped me from doing irrational things that would have prevented me from even talking here and spreading my opinion about this.  So instead of copy pasting. I'm gonna share my story. 

Echo VR graced me with its presence halfway through season one, the year I got it. I was 13. I saw it on my YouTube and decided to download it. After the training, I was inside the real game, getting trashed. Someone taught me the regrab and I worked my way up from there. The next year, I got a girlfriend. She died that next month of suicide. I was devastated. I was doing SH and I had a full plan to kms. I hopped on my headset on what I thought would have been my final time. Then I realized I had a game called echo I didn't play much. So I hopped in. Something inside of me clicked. I wasn't gonna die until I was a BEAST at this game. So I played and I played and I played. I got 100x better, found VRML and found the team I'm in now. I've made some amazing friends since then, and have gotten so much better. 

It was a hard thing to attempt to build my way up. Between sexist people not passing me the disc cause I was a girl and getting berated because I let a goal in on accident, it was hard. But I kept on pushing.

I'll be turning 15 soon, and I'm glad I will get to celebrate my 2 year echo anniversary. 

And I want to celebrate more. I want to continue celebrating the game that quite literally saved my life. As do many others. 

If anyone who can see this that has a huge influence on Meta sees this, know that the game that is being removed in 6 months means so much to so many people. Please. Reconsider this entire thing. 

We can't lose Echo VR. 

And you guys are the only ones who can change that. 

LewisRock
Honored Guest

C‘ mon this game can’t just go like this.. this amazing community doesn’t deserve to be shutdown like this 

Feendoge
Honored Guest

The shutdown of echo vr is tarnishing one of the biggest games meta has invested in. You are leaving an entire community in the dirt.

server subscribtion could work so they can profit and we can play!

Ben-
Honored Guest

ending server support for a game this large a community is stupid, you're singlehandedly killing off the largest vresport out there with barely any explanation and after 3 years of playing it I cant believe its going