cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Star Trek - 1701-D TNG Bridge and Readyroom

Enda
Protege
Hi All
Here it is, the bridge of the Enterprise 1701- D (the Next Generation)

This is a WIP, you can explore a hallway bridge and the Readyroom, you can also sit in any seat you like, look out in to space from Piacard's window,

I hope all you sci-fi fans enjoy it, I really did enjoy making it.
It wont be long till I release a new version with access to the Observation Lounge, maybe the next week or so, After that I intend to keep on building it.

For any none Oculus users I will be uploading a single camera version during the week.

Thanks to Drash for tips and feedback much appreciated!

Enjoy
Enda

You can find the links here:
http://www.endaoconnor.com/ImagesPage/images.html
Enda _____________________________________________________ Check out the Original Enterprise and TNG Bridges in VR http://www.endaoconnor.com/ImagesPage/images.html _____________________________________________________
18 REPLIES 18

Enda
Protege
The Ready Room
Enda _____________________________________________________ Check out the Original Enterprise and TNG Bridges in VR http://www.endaoconnor.com/ImagesPage/images.html _____________________________________________________

Nargodian
Honored Guest
Could you add footsteps sounds, the movement feels really floaty i think foot steps would ground it a bit more, other then that really nice, can't wait to see more 🙂

renderingpipeli
Honored Guest
Looks good. I love the "walking around in SciFi sets" demos 🙂

Have you thought about a collaboration with tmek (Voyager Bridge) and drash (1701-D engineering room) to place all StarTrek sets in one demo? After all, it's just walking around those sets. I would imagine one demo with all sets (and more in the future) where you use the lifts to move between the rooms or the transporter to move between the ships! In the long run we might collect whole collections of ships 😄

hudcrab
Honored Guest
Enda, this is so good!

I loved
looking up and seeing the Borg Cube hanging above the bridge.

TNG is my favourite so I really hope you keep working on the Enterprise D. I want to see every major set all interconnected through turbolifts and generic corridors! Oh, and I want holodecks where you can load iconic holodeck scenes!And I want to be able to ask it to 'create a foe that is capable of beating Data' and then get trapped in my Rift.

snappahead
Expert Protege
Just came back from my trip the Enterprise D. This is great, Enda. I was smiling from ear to ear. The TNG design were so elegant and walking around this bridge really brings that home. Very spacious bridge. I'm so happy that someone is putting the work in to make something like this happen. Kudos!

Two things that I noticed. The cube is spinning on the view screen, but not when viewed through the transparent aluminum(Yep, I'm a nerd, that's not glass). So awesome that you added that touch though! Also I think there's suppose to be a console (a touch screen deal) on the captain's desk. I need to check on that, but as soon as I walked into that room, it felt off somehow and maybe that's why.

Again, really great work. It makes me want to go into every room. I want to see what the "head" looks like on the Enterprise. I don't think they ever showed it on the show.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Enda
Protege
Glad you all like it guys, thanks for all the suggestions too.
I meant to say before that the ready Room is not 100 percent complete, I still need to add some items, such as more books, ornaments/antiquities and tech, these and esp the Observation Lounge, ( complete with a view over the ship).

As regards the Heads, I know there were never shown in the show, but I did manage to find some plans for them, so I might build them, obviously I will need to use come creative interpretation, but they will be keeping with the general style of the ship.

Here is a my you tube video of the ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwoOcRVMIVQ

Enda

hudcrab
Honored Guest

snappahead
Expert Protege
Right on.. It would be interesting being on the crapper on the bridge of the Enterprise while hearing "We are the Borg...." going on in the background.

No worries about any incomplete warnings. We know how it goes. Everything we show on here is likely a wip of some kind. Your poster on the wall does a nice job of explaining that to anyone unsure.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

FictionX
Honored Guest
Very nice! Curiously enough, just being able to look out of the windows in the readyroom, and looking out at space through the roof made the whole thing seem more "complete" that any of the previous Star Trek demos (which were also great). It feels more like being on the Enterprise rather than being on the movie sets.

Funny how VR gives another perspective. I was sitting in the chair to the right of the captains chair, and the screens beside those chairs looked like they were facing the wrong way - and I thought that was probably a mistake... but nope - I checked it on youtube, and the screens are in fact aligned with the chairs, making it a bit awkward looking at them from there. Nobody seems to mind in the movies, of course - but had it been a real ship, those monitors would have been turned 45 degrees (or am I missing something?). 🙂

Thanks a lot for building for Linux (and Mac).. There haven't been many Linux demos to look at since Oculus' SDK 0.3.1 "We can't be bothered/Preview Release"-stunt.