cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AAA game Hitman 3 Year 2 has launched with native Oculus driver support! Reviews and impressions

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Unavngivet1.JPG

It's now official from the makers of Hitman 3 Year 2 - the game is arriving in VR in January 2022 - this is awesome news indeed!

The game is made by Io Interactive - I guess they saw that Alyx sold more than 2 million copies and got an idea - PCVR enthusiasts may be a tough crowd, but maybe not if you got totally awesome content, we'll see. 

And which HMDs did IO Interactive use for this game 🤔 ... let's see... 😎

Unavngivet2.JPG

Unavngivet3.JPG

Unavngivet4.JPG

- and this does look like a Rift-S, I guess Hitman does not wear white 😎

Unavngivet5.JPG

More info here:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-year-2/

Quote: 

"HITMAN 3 launched with support for PS VR and we’re happy to bring HITMAN VR to PC in January 2022. Full technical details, including the platforms that we’re supporting will be revealed before Year 2 starts on 20 January 2022."

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

46 REPLIES 46

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Note that Hitman 3 was financially supported by Epic, thus Hitman 3 was an Epic PC exclusive for 12 months - lasting until January 2022:

"HITMAN 3 pre-orders are scheduled to go live later this month and we’re pleased to have an updated line-up of platforms. In January 2021, you’ll be able to play HITMAN 3 on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, Google Stadia and PC, where the game will be available exclusively via Epic Games Store for 12 months.

As an independent studio, our partnership with Epic has given us the freedom to create HITMAN 3 exactly as we imagined and self-publish the game to our players directly. It’s also important to us that we honour the time our existing PC players have spent in our previous games."

Source: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-dartmoor/

Probably has not been cheap for Epic to buy such rights - and I wonder if January 2022 will mean that the PCVR version will be available on Steam? I'd really dislike not being able to use Steam for the game.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Seems the usual gang is all over the news too: 

https://www.roadtovr.com/hitman-3-pc-vr-support-release/

https://www.vrfocus.com/2021/11/hitman-3-to-support-pc-vr-in-2022/

https://uploadvr.com/hitman-3-pc-vr-support-confirmed/

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Maybe a nice intro to Hitman 3 VR:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks pretty sweet, that one will kinda be up my alley so will be watching for it.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

This is starting to look really awesome!

https://twitter.com/Eskil_IOI/status/1471817268824838145

kojack
MVP
MVP

They've just announced that Hitman VR will come out on Jan 20. It will include support for Hitman 1, 2 and 3!

(Confusingly enough, Hitman 1, 2 and 3 are the 6th, 7th and 8th Hitman games, or 8th, 9th and 10th if you include the mobile games)

It's not a separate purchase, if you own Hitman 3 on Steam you will get VR access too.

(Sounds like you can only play Hitman 1 and 2 in VR if you also own Hitman 3 and use that as the front end)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

EDIT: Didn't notice @kojack beat me to the news below, lol - but I can add the video then 🙂

The devs used Rift-S in the video 😉 

More fresh info from the Hitman devs here:

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-year-2-reveal/

Seems you'll be able to enjoy not only Hitman 3, but also Hitman 1 & 2, in VR. 

This could be close to a new Alyx moment for PCVR, and you'll be able to buy it all on Steam January 20:

"HITMAN 3 arrives on Steam to coincide with the start of Year 2 and will have full support for PC VR and all of the technical improvements that we mentioned earlier, such as Ray Tracing, XeSS and Variable Rate Shading. We’re working on support for Steam Achievements and Trading Cards too – plus we’ll be including the Trinity Pack (the HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus) for free with all editions of HITMAN 3 for the first 30 days."

Interesting if the game will support native Oculus drivers, but the game probably will not be available in the Oculus Store. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

A few screenshots from the VR version (taken from the YouTube vid, so quality isn't optimal) - does look awesome - I'm guessing you'll need some fast gpu to run this with a decent amount of super sampling:

234235t.JPG

There are dynamic shadows in the game - and check out the textures. Looks like someone brought a knife to a gunfight here 😄

Una23r4tvngivet.JPG

The water and reflections look awesome - and here the dynamic shadows are easy to see 

sdgfg.JPG

Quality of VR hands look good - but need to try the game to really see texture quality

Unavngivet.JPG

High-poly assets - also check out the detailed face and the clock

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

System requirements have just been revealed:

PC VR Minimum Specs

• CPU: Intel 6-core i7-8700  / AMD Ryzen 7 2700
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 2060 Super / AMD 5700XT

When using the minimum specs for VR, we expect HITMAN 3 to run consistently at 90FPS with settings set to 'low' or 'off' on lower-end headsets.

PC VR Supported Platforms

After the 3.100 patch on 20 January 2022, HITMAN 3 will support VR on all PC platforms that the game is available. In short, it's the game that allows you to play in VR, not the platform.

Whether you play HITMAN 3 on Steam, Epic Games Store or Windows PC (Microsoft Store), including PC Game Pass, HITMAN VR will be available to you on our supported hardware.

PC VR is not available in the HITMAN 3 Free Starter Pack or "HITMAN 3 - Demo" (as the FSP is called on Steam).

PC VR Supported Hardware

Supported Headsets

Valve Index + any SteamVR Controller
Oculus Quest 2 with Oculus Link + Quest 2 Controller
Oculus Quest with Oculus Link + Oculus Touch (aka Oculus Quest 1 Controller)
Oculus Rift S + Oculus Rift S Controller
Oculus Rift + Oculus Rift Controller
HTC Vive + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Pro + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Pro Eye + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Cosmos + any SteamVR Controller
HTC Vive Cosmos Pro + any SteamVR Controller

Supported SteamVR Controllers
Valve Index (Knuckle) Controllers
Vive Cosmos Controllers

Not-supported SteamVR Controllers that work with HITMAN VR
HTC Vive Controller

HTC Vive Pro Controller
Note: These controllers are listed as ‘not-supported’ because they may not offer the best experience but have been through functionality testing and are not likely cause crashes or other severe issues.

Not-supported Hardware
HP Reverb G2 Headset

Source: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4417185915025