cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Climb - Blacks out Left Eye????

JaggerWolf
Expert Protege
So decided to try "The Climb" again now that I have the touch controllers - Booted it up, checked out all the options etc. - hit play and the second the level loads the left eye in the Oculus goes black - It will not come back on unless I completely shut down the Oculus and start it back up. Has anyone else experienced this at all?? Not sure wht I need to do to fix it - every game I have tried besides this works great.

Any help would be awesome.
9 REPLIES 9

Hyzz
Explorer
I have had this happen in a lot of games. The Climb, Obduction, Super Hot, Call of the Starseed, The Assembly, Unspoken, Adrft and so on. It seems to happen when there is a bright flash in the game (warping in Obdution, start of Adrift). I jumped thru the trouble shooting hoops that Oculus wanted me to and they RMA'ed my Rift, sent it off today. I did a clean install of Win. 10 64-bit, all latest drivers for mother board and video card (EVGA 1070) and still did not help. My fear is they will send me a new Rift and it will do the same thing.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I haven't heard of this before. Please upload your logs.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Hyzz
Explorer
Uploaded, Ticket # 283127

Greyman
Superstar
Just as a suggestion.  the climb gets a little upset, by design, if your head would coincide with any part of the mountain.  It might therefore be worth recentering the Rift, just in case where you store it would cause the game to think that your head is somewhere that it shouldn't be.  

Worth a try and potentially massively annoying if it's as simple as that.  🙂

bkrieger
Explorer
I'm having this same issue, mostly in sports challenge. The game loads fine, then when I start a game, the left eye lense goes black, and sometimes both lenses go black.

Greyman
Superstar
Might be worth remaking the HDMI connections, at both ends of the cable.  If it was a software error, I would have expected a lot more peeps to be having the same issue.

however, in case there is an issue that relates to how your specific graphics card interacts with the oculus/game software, it might be worth sharing what you are using

PrimeDerektive
Explorer
Hey @Hyzz @JaggerWolf @cybereality , did you ever get this figured out? My left eye goes black sometimes on Superhot VR and bullet train, I have to restart Oculus Home to fix it. Doesn't happen terribly often, but often enough to be annoying.

Hyzz
Explorer
They sent me a new Rift and everything works fine now. I have never gotten a HDMI extension to work tho.

JaggerWolf
Expert Protege
Well I built a new rig for my VR setup - I haven't had much chance to test it because seems with the new video card I can only run SteamVR 🙂 The second I boot up Oculus home it crashes the display....so not sure if it's solved yet 🙂