cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomb Explorer VR won the VR & AR Award at the Game Development World Championship: launches July 26!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Nice to see full-blooded PCVR come out on top:

we-are-excited-to-update-you-with-some-fantastic-news-tomb-v0-a9d768hw385d1-ezgif.com-webp-to-jpg-converter.jpg

I just tried the playable Tomb Explorer VR demo and was blown away - this does not happen that often, even if I love many VR games - but welcome to Tomb Explorer VR (or maybe more Indiana Jones VR 🤠 😃 )

download (1).jpg

View distance is vast - you really feel like being Indy - the game was made ground-up for PCVR

download (2).jpg

Index finger tracking is supported 🙂

download (3).jpg

You got a backpack and an inventory

download (5).JPG

The ground looks very high-poly and tessalleted, but I guess the stones are made up of normal polygons...

download (6).JPG

Dynamic shadows are very detailed, note the fingers

download (4).JPG

Health status is shown on your arm

download (7).JPG

The wooden bridge is in a bad shape - your first mission is to find another way to the temple

download (10).JPG

I've arrived at the temple and look back at the camp (where I started)

download (11).JPG

The bridge you can't cross - nice bumpy wooden textures. Performance is great/fine - I'm getting solid 80 fps (no motion smoothing) with epic settings and Index res 250% (RTX 3090)

download (8).JPG

Some very high-res textures - and some not so much in the background. Generally textures look great

download (12).JPG

I think I need something heavy to keep this plate being pushed down...

download (9).JPG

Not sure I'll ever get tired of this view. The game arrives July 19 on Steam

Find the game here - and the free playable demo:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1969920/Tomb_Explorer_VR/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

1 REPLY 1

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Note that the game has been postponed from July 9 to July 26 - as mentioned in this thread:

https://communityforums.atmeta.com/t5/VR-Experiences/The-most-wanted-PCVR-games-coming-in-2024-updat...

I've changed to title of this thread to reflect the new launch date.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"