cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tridef games that work

13thFloor
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

This is a post to find out what games work properly and not just the 3D effect. What's perfectly playable without glitches, cant see menus etc..

Looking for a list of games worth trying now while we wait for some AAA content to arrive. Also taking into account dev kit resolution as a game like War Thunder you cant really target much until it's too late.
Intel i920@4ghz, 12gb ram, Windows 7 Nvidia GTX 970 4gb, 120gb SSD, OR Dev Kit 1&2
15 REPLIES 15

lovelyhead
Protege
Here are some of the games I have played and found that worked really well:

Halo Combat Evolved (Works very well but you need to use a small app that removes the reticule found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/10005055

Unreal Tournament III (Works perfectly)

Race 07 (Works well in combination with Opentrack. See this thread for details regarding Opentrack: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=17968 The low resolution of the Dev Kit makes it a little difficult to see what is approaching at a distance but it is perfectly playable)

GTR2 (See Race07)

Skyrim (Works very well. I think you can get some mods to change the hud so that it is visible on the Rift but I haven't tried them)

davidjc
Honored Guest
I am curious too about this, which games get a near native 3D effect? Because I wasted my time trying to get some to work, and the result was less than pleasing. So far I have given up on Tridef as it seems wonky, you can get some semi decent 3d but the FOV and resolution are all screwy.

yayorbitgum
Honored Guest
Sonic Generations works very, very well. No head tracking though which I know you're looking for, BUT it's still 100% worth playing. This is the most visually pleasing game I've played on the Oculus so far. Especially when you set the world scale to 0.50 or so and get a miniature Sonic world effect. And the fact that you can't quite see all the HUD doesn't matter, because the HUD information isn't important when you're playing.

Here's a normal feeling scale at 0.12:

yahknow1
Protege
Hey what's the deal with Tridef I've read conflicting accounts?

Is the version that works with the Oculus cheaper than the normal version? Is the correct version we use a beta? If it does cost money, how much?
i7-5960X@4.3Ghz / ASUS X99-E WS / CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 /SAMSUNG 850 Pro Series 256GB (SSD) / CORSAIR Hydro Series H110 Extreme / EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD / MSI Radeon R9 390X

thatdude90210
Protege
The version that works with Oculus is the same version, they just added a beta addon (that you install in addition the regular version of Tridef) to work with the Oculus. The price is $49.99. The only discount is if you have AMD/ATI graphics HD5000 and newer, then it's 50% off. Their Tridef AMD checker had trouble detecting my HD7950, but Tridef & the discount work without issues.

To the topic, I got the 3 Mass Effect games to work. It's mostly world scale & fov adjustments. Some maps I saw graphic glitches in ME3. Played through ME2 without issues. Only briefly tried ME1 but driving on the rocky planets kinda made me sick. ME1 didn't have a profile like the other 2, but I started with a generic profile and was able to save my changes.

Here's a tip I learned at the Tridef forums, the "safe fov" button "+" is both a momentary and a toggle button. If you press it quickly, it's a toggle. If you press it longer, it's momentary. You will need this to see menu's. And for some puzzles in ME2, I had to temporarily remove the OR to see.

Here are my settings that I'm still tweaking a bit:

1) ME1

World scale: 6.88
Force Fov: both
Output Fov: 92
Game Fov: 75
Output quality: high

2) ME2

World scale: 6.93
FOV: 94
Game Fov: 76
output quality: high

3) ME3

World scale: 7.00
Fov: 92
Game Fov: 78
Output quality: medium

jamesh2263
Honored Guest
Guys I got race07 working with open track etc but is there anyway to make the screen appear larger in terms of the oculus boxes on my pc as when I have the rift on I can see a box around the tops and sides and it's not fully stretched in my rift so just need to know how to make this bigger

Please help Thanks guys

grodenglaive
Honored Guest
Hi, you just need to increase the field of view.
Press 0 to bring up the Tridef control panel, then select HMD settings. From there you need to turn on "Force fOV" - you can select game fov, output fov, or both. Then increase the Output FOV and/or Game FOV to get the desired effect - you see the result live as you change the values, so it's easy to adjust.
GA-Z97X-gaming gt; i5-4670k; Nvidia780Ti; 16GB PC3-17066; win7-64 bit; DK2

vrgamer
Honored Guest
I see above someone got System Shock 2 working.
I think that is an older game, does that mean there might be a way to get the original Deus Ex working with Tridef ?
I would love that game with a Rift and a Hydra.

CrazyMisty
Honored Guest
I don't have the rift, but I did an experimental test for Garry's Mod, it was fine, save for a few shadow issues which can be adjusted, only issue is hard to read menu's (especially finding servers)
Ordered 27/09/13 Order Status -=ARRIVED!!!=-