cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Simulator is oculus ready

ilanp
Honored Guest
Dear All,

I hope this is the correct place to announce the availability of a new simulator called Vehicle Simulator for the oculus rift platform.

This simulator can be downloaded here

http://www.hangsim.com/vsf/

It offers a good flight simulator, a good sailing simulator and a reasonable land vehicle simulator as well.
if offers a very realistic flight and sailing environment in my opinion, being a pilot myself for over 20 years now,
i can testify that the experience using it with oculus is very close to real.

Enjoy !

Ilan Papini
http://www.hangsim.com
http://www.qualitysimulations.com
10 REPLIES 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Cool.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MrPozor
Honored Guest
Only had time for a quick check of this simluator with an unpretentious name.

As with almost all demos I had to spend some time figuring out the best monitor configuartion to get it working. To my surprise it was possible to have stereo rendering on the rift and non-stereoscopic rendering on the main screen at the same time. This is very useful for navigating the menus as they are impossible to read on the rift. I guess it means that the sim is actually rendering two scenes separately.

The sim itself was quite OK. I chose the a jet fighter as this has been my greatest Rift experience so far (in Outerra). I had some trouble finding the optimal image separation to match my IPD. The demo timer was too short to find the best settings but I will certainly give it another try.

Btw: In several places the software refers to the "Occulus" Rift. Oculus has only one "c".

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't blown away by the 3d depth, nothing like as good as Outerra, but I am grateful for any flight game with native support for the rift, demo length is way too short, tempted to spend $30 to buy the full version just to satisfy the craving for some oculus flight sim goodness.

luisgmnz
Honored Guest
I think that this simulator is by far the best experience I had so far with the rift... Being in a boat in a ship with huge waves around you, or flying on a cesna at dusk, or maybe the amazing experience with a submarine. This is exactly what I wanted to experience when I got my hands on the rift... and nothing gets close to this. You can download also several vehicles and sceneries on the hangism web page.
I was tempted also and I bought the game... Im loving it
Awesome... Im so excited about this piece of hardware...

flyingndiving
Honored Guest
I've been a long time VSF user (an addiction, you might say). The graphics are getting a little long in the tooth, but the gameplay itself is very nice. Consider it more of a virtual vehicle sandbox than a game, per se. With the rift, the experience is that much better. Thank you, Ilan, for breathing some new life into VSF.

thuni
Honored Guest
for me it works not

ther is no fullscreen with oculus rift , and strange look , i have 2 screens 1 normal and a second with half screen

can somebosy help `??? in options is no button for fullscreen

jmanner
Honored Guest
I cant get the mouse to click on things, the click detection is way off for me. i managed to get into the game, but the hang glider wouldn't take off, even when i started the engines..not the easiest controls to figure out?

flyingndiving
Honored Guest
thuni, you have to run the rift version of VSF in window mode, not full screen mode. There is a selection box in the settings menu that states "Render in window". Just make sure it's selected and you should be all set.

jmanner, mouse controls take a bit getting use to. I don't even use the rift view window to select with the mouse, but rather glimpse at the PC monitor to make scenery/vehicle selections. To move using the mouse, you need to click and hold the left mouse button. Keep in mind that you have to keep the mouse pointer within the open window of the main monitor when you're using it as a controller. I find it easier to use a joystick, and most all joystick functions and buttons can be programmed into the game. You can also save various joystick mappings (schemes) for different vehicles if you wish.