cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VorpX - Reasons for games not launching under VorpX

lohan
Honored Guest
Well, I have absolutely no issues when launching Skyrim or Bioshock Infinite. Unfortunately a lot of titles don't even start under VorpX for me (no mods and no d3d9.dlls applied of course).
One of those is Injustice: Gods among us which is built on Unreal Engine (just like Bioshock Infinite). So I am a little curious why it doesn't even start properly under VorpX. When I launch Skyrim or Bioshock I first get this weird image where you first see the game double for one second and then when VorpX "kicks in" those double images converge and everything is fine. When launching Injustice for example the double images don't converge and you have to close one eye to not get dizzy in an instant (with double Images I mean exactly what you see when extending the desktop to your Oculus and you have to close one eye to make it bearable). In these cases the only thing I can do is trying to exit the game because it is constantly showing me that weird double-Image.....

Any idea?
1 REPLY 1

ralfal
Honored Guest
While vorpX in general tries to hook into any DX9-DX11 game, for some games this is only possible when a profile exists for the game (for Injustice there is none currently). This doesn't directly depend on the engine, but on how the devs chose to initialize DirectX. So maybe Injustice is such a case.

If you haven't done so already, you still could try to create a vorpX desktop shortcut, which sometimes is more reliable than the auto detection. No guarantees that it will work, but it's worth a try.

Right click the vorpX tray icon, choose “Create Desktop Shortcut”, then navigate to the games .EXE and double click it. For games that have a launcher program select the main .EXE not the launcher. This will create a shortcut on your desktop.