cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walking dead saints and sinners wont even start!

oliver2000
Protege
I just bought The Walking Dead Saints and Sinners and all excited wanted to play the game but it does absolutely nothing. When I click the start button the message changes to "syncing" and then the Start button comes back. I do not get any error message, I do not get any window or etc. I tried dozens of times, I rebooted, reload, reinstalled. Nothing helped. 

I have like 30 other games and apps in my library without any problems. 
Anybody has a tip for me?

Thank you in advance...
9 REPLIES 9

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
If it's the Steam version then refund and try the Oculus Store version - or the other way around. Both versions support native Oculus drivers.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

oliver2000
Protege
Its the Oculus Version, but is there any difference?
How ever, I just bought now the steam version too and I am installing, lets see, i doubt this will make a difference but who knows. If it works I refund the oculus version.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The Oculus version will later allow for cross-buy for the Quest version, but otherwise the versions are the same. Steam version supports other hmds with no need for Revive.

I have the Steam version and launch it from Oculus Home, SteamVR does not start due to the native Oculus support.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

oliver2000
Protege
Thx RuneSR2, I am going to try in a couple of minutes. great information. thx a lot and specially for the very fast reply.

oliver2000
Protege
Hi again, unfortunately I still cant make it work and now I own both versions, Steam and Oculus. 
Here is what happens:

1. Oculus Store Version: I click on start, first appear the "syncing" message and then the loading icon with the message "Now playing" Inside my oculus I see the Loading Window. This takes about 1 minute until everything goes back to nothing. No error, no message... simply back on the play icon!

2. Steam: I click on start, i don't get any message or window...Nothing happen, in my task manager he says even running but I don't see anything or get anything else. In This case my oculus not even know something is loading. When I click on STOP in steam nothing happen, the game also don't stop, basically frozen status and only inside the Task Manager I can stop TWD again. Or I wait like 1-2 minutes and Steam goes back to normal as well and I can start again.

Basically both do the same, how ever... no errors, no messages... 

I would be happy if somebody has a tip for me, otherwise I refund both versions and move on with my life...lol

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I bought the Steam version the other day, and thought the same thing when I first started the game, just sat at a black screen and nothing else. no sound or hands etc.  The "TWD" window displays on the task bar if you press ALT+TAB, but just a black screen is shown in the TWD window..But.... If you open up the Steam interface on your PC, and check out your library for Saints and Sinners, you should see that it is downloading a 6GB update.
This took about 15-20 minutes to complete on my rig and then the game started just fine

Would have been a good idea to display a message in the HMD that it was doing this.

Just check that out first before refunding as it is such a great game once you get this patch installed.

I cant speak for the Oculus store version, but it might be doing the same thing.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Since both the Steam and Oculus Store version use native Oculus drivers they may both show similar problems, if the problem has to do with the drivers.

Note that I think you can force the Steam version to use SteamVR drivers instead of native Oculus drivers by changing some ini-file setting. See details for HotFix #3 on Steam. If that doesn't work you may be out of luck 😉

oliver2000
Protege
Thx both of you guys, yesterday I was busy with work 😞 but today I check both of your tips out and give you feedback here. I really appreciate your tips guys.

oliver2000
Protege
Tried around here more, same old same old... nothing changes. I watch my traffic and there is nothing downloading, I also cant do the hack from HotFix 3 since the game not even starts the .ini isnt anywhere to find and I cant edit which does not exist...lol I am going to refund this thing and wait a couple of weeks for updates. I keep one of both versions and see what the future brings. thx for your tips guys....