cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

War Thunder now with 1.3 support on normal client.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Found this statement from War Thunder CEO Anton Yudintsev on reddit.

Posted 7 hours ago:
"Only few major Oculus bugs left in tracker. Hope to iron Oculus support this week."

Link:
https://www.reddit.com/user/AntonYudintsev

This is great news. The one I've been waiting for since May 2015 ( I missed the update at the end of the year that got it working again lol).

101 REPLIES 101

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

BBZ149 said:
windowed:b=no
oculus:b=yes
pxFonts:b=no

Worked for me as well, not sure why it wasn't in there by default, but w/e IT WORKS NAO. First map, 7 kills to 2nd place's 3, not bad for not even knowing how to increase/decrease speed or anything more than move mouse and shoot. Tutorial isn't working so trial and error it is, huzzah.

Bloodlet
Rising Star
Dragging this thread back up as this game seems to get missed a lot as a great VR title and a free one too.

Also there has been an issue created by one of the latest updates that causes it to crash occasionally when using the rift. It needs to be run in windowed or full windowed mode to stop this.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
there are not many games which make me feel woozy in VR but this is one of them.

have they fixed the targetting and hud yet in 1st person mode?

thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Bloodlet
Rising Star

there are not many games which make me feel woozy in VR but this is one of them.

have they fixed the targetting and hud yet in 1st person mode?

thanks

I'm going to guess you haven't tried it in a very long time.
Everything works perfectly The hud is bang on. It has been for a while, if you check back to one of my previous posts on this thread there's a video of me flying in 2016 so yes it has been for about 2 years now lol

bigmike20vt
Visionary
really? wow that is strange... i thought i played it maybe 6 months or so ago... 😕

i will check it out over the weekend then if the weather is not too hot.   are the boats out yet then as well? last i checked they were not.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think the Hud was fix 2 years ago because I played it about 8 months ago and the HUD still looked like I was cross eyed while sat in the cockpit.. The reason I stopped playing it was because of that and the fact that some of the maps seemed to have disappeared? I couldn't play the Pacific map and there on only seemed to be one or two maps. So where did all the maps go?

Bloodlet
Rising Star

RedRizla said:

I don't think the Hud was fix 2 years ago because I played it about 8 months ago and the HUD still looked like I was cross eyed while sat in the cockpit.. The reason I stopped playing it was because of that and the fact that some of the maps seemed to have disappeared? I couldn't play the Pacific map and there on only seemed to be one or two maps. So where did all the maps go?

I thought you were referring to the information hud which was missing back in the DK2 days, not the actual sights. Yes if you try to look at the sights with both eyes it will look double unless you are focusing through it at your target. I don't have a problem with them. The iron sights are harder to use.

Not sure what you mean about only having 2 maps? There is a crazy amount of maps!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@Bloodlet - Last time I played this for some reason I could only play two maps. I looked for other having played it before reinstalling it and there were lots like you say. But were did they go because I couldn't find the other and all it did was cycle two maps?

DarkTenka
Trustee

RedRizla said:

@Bloodlet - Last time I played this for some reason I could only play two maps. I looked for other having played it before reinstalling it and there were lots like you say. But were did they go because I couldn't find the other and all it did was cycle two maps?

It depends what difficulty you are playing on, and whether or not you are playing an event.

The arcade/realistic maps draw from a larger pool of maps which have more "exciting" and "fun" aesthetics (winding caverns, multiple islands, canyon runs .. etc)

Simulator maps on the other hand, there's only like 2 or 3 of them depending on the "region" and they are often more simple/realistic (wide open space with some bases/ ground forces etc).

The exception being events where they have specialized maps .. (e.g. an invasion map where they are invading from sea, Carriers vs On-shore base)

There are also several specialize campaign maps as well, they are accessible from the drop down menu under: historic campaign.

MowTin
Expert Trustee
War Thunder looks horrible whenever I try to play it. Am I doing something wrong? The textures are just very low res everywhere. IL-2 looks much much better. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2