cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whirligig update.

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
Whirligig updated to work with the DK2/CV1 and the 1.3 runtime. I got it running without any problems. Plays videos fine but I cant seem to get any of the 3d settings to show up.  Anyone else able to get this running smoothly in 3d ?  
7 REPLIES 7

Synthetic
Rising Star
yer its like F3 to F8... just press function keys I cant remember which ones

there is a guide/instructions on the whirlygig site

Synthetic
Rising Star
my mistake it has changed

WHATS HAPPENED TO THE STEREO OPTIONS!!!!!!!
Nothing. They are still there. I've just removed them from the format menu. As every format option had all three 3D options Mono, Over Under and Side by Side, it made sense to remove them from the format options and have a simple one key press on each option to go through the selection. This key press is both on the xbox controller and also the key 'y'.

http://www.whirligig.xyz/blog/

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
Ah nice that did it. Had no button on my controller for some reason but the Y button on my keyboard did it 🙂  couldnt find any info on the page for the new updated version. Thanks so much for the info much appreciated.

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
I can now confirm that whirligig works just fine on the dk2 with the 1.3 runtime. Loaded up a few sbs 3d videos without any problems. lots of options to play with. Looks and plays great on the Dk2 with an I7 4790k 4.00ghz  16gigs and a GF 970. The ui looks abit dated but works and is easy to use.  Nice free Video player 🙂

christopherbarn
Adventurer
I'm using Win 10 and CV1, having a very difficult time navigating to a file to play. "Up folder" works with A button, but trying to mave down list is futile. Sometimes the "down arrow" on keyboard will move it down the list once. Or "page down" key will move it down the list part way once.

Mwilliams78
Expert Protege
I had no luck with my controler... but its a logitech figured that might have been the problem but my keyboard worked fine for navigating the ui. Im on windows 10 also.  Did you try the cv1 wireless remote ?

christopherbarn
Adventurer
I rebooted my machine and have somewhat better luck. I'm using the X1 controller and the d-pad seems to only function as a "back" button. The keyboard arrows now work correctly, so I can navigate with them. The background now is just all black and the sound doesn't go through speakers and not the Rift headphones. But I am able to play movies.