cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is buying DLCs on Oculus Store so difficult!!!?

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I am looking at Steam store and see DLC for Carnival Games VR is on sale, but of course on Oculus store all you get is "Offers In-App Purchases" For fucks sake why!? Why can't I see the price and see if there is a deal and buy it! FUCK!
44 REPLIES 44

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I approve of this First World Problem.

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
Well, I like the Oculus store, I like the way it looks but I agree it does need updating as there's a lot of missing features. So i agree it could be better but your probably going to be waiting a long time for anything to change lol.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer

Zenbane said:

I approve of this First World Problem.

C'mon you can brush later, I know you like eating Oculus employees assholes, go ahead dine a little more. Now fuck off and your useless sniping. Or better yet go ahead and tell me is the DLC on sale or not? And how do I purchase!? I can't tell, can YOU!?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

gr0bda said:
C'mon you can brush later, I know you like eating Oculus employees assholes, go ahead dine a little more. Now fuck off and your useless sniping. Or better yet go ahead and tell me is the DLC on sale or not? And how do I purchase!? I can't tell, can YOU!?

Now, now, child. Think about your problem for a second.

I have purchased DLC from a game in the Oculus Store before. When you're done eating your own asshole, pull your head out and try this:
  • Put on your VR HMD.
  • Load the VR TItle in question.
  • View the DLC.
  • Buy the DLC (assuming you have the funds)
Your complaint is that you can't see the DLC in 2D, even though this is for VR. It's a silly complaint. Go in VR and look. The DLC takes place in VR anyway, scrub.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
All that is a MAJOR inconvenience! Look at all the steps just to purchase something I don't even care about! Why are you even defending CLEARLY flawed practice!? It should be visible just like it is on Steam or even (gasp) Viveport! So you're wrong and your bias towards anything Oculus is showing yet again. I noticed long time ago you're willing to overlook, justify, defend anything even remotely negative towards Oculus. There isn't an objective bone in you.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

gr0bda said:

All that is a MAJOR inconvenience! Look at all the steps just to purchase something I don't even care about! Why are you even defending CLEARLY flawed practice!?

If you don't care about it then why do you want to buy it? I'm not defending it, I'm describing the process to view and purchase DLC in VR. And I'm describing it because you asked. Although I use the phrase "asked" sparingly in your case.

gr0bda said:

It should be visible just like it is on Steam or even (gasp) Viveport!

You could always use Google to find out more info, or visit the Developer site. Think.

So you're wrong and your bias towards anything Oculus is showing yet
again.

I'm only biased towards being self-reliance and using common sense. You are biased against both.

I noticed long time ago you're willing to overlook, justify,
defend anything even remotely negative towards Oculus.

I repeat: I'm not defending it, I'm describing the process to view and purchase DLC in VR. And I'm describing it because you asked.

There isn't an
objective bone in you.

There doesn't seem to be an intellectual bone in you.

MariusPolonius
Heroic Explorer
I want to buy not for me!

You described to process like there is nothing to it, no big deal, you portrayed it "look how easy"

I'm not using Google for something I already knew the answer to. Nor doing a research for something so stupid as buying a DLC through my HMD!!! I was secretly hoping there is another way to find out/purchase other than sticking the HMD on my head when I absolutely don't feel like it!

Self reliant is fine, when it doesn't involve MY money!! The moment I pay, I demand service! Go ahead and ask Trump to be self reliant and bring his own luggage!

Maybe there isn't. You're still a biased fanboy. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

gr0bda said:

I want to buy not for me!

That's not a valid excuse.

You described to process like there is nothing to it, no big deal, you portrayed it "look how easy"

It's incredibly easy. Measured in mere minutes. Like, 2 or 3 minutes tops.

I'm not using Google for something I already knew the answer to. Nor
doing a research for something so stupid as buying a DLC through my
HMD!!! I was secretly hoping there is another way to find out/purchase
other than sticking the HMD on my head when I absolutely don't feel like
it!

It's taken you more time to whine incessantly on the forum that it takes to buy DLC in OH.

Self reliant is fine, when it doesn't involve MY money!! The moment I
pay, I demand service! Go ahead and ask Trump to be self reliant and
bring his own luggage!

The political reference is misplaced, desperate, and unintelligent. Self-reliance should not have limits. And self-reliance should most certainly matter the most when it involves your own money. The fact that you think the opposite is rather absurd. You are paying for the DLC, not for the service of having the DLC delivered to you in a manner that enables your ongoing desire to fail at self-reliance.

Maybe there isn't. You're still a biased fanboy. 

Yes, I'm still biased towards being intelligent. You should try it sometime!

LZoltowski
Champion
@gr0bda .. first of all, language, second of all no personal attacks, please. This is your first warning.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂