Did you mean: 

Wrecked Building - Short Horror Game

Epineurien
Honored Guest
Downloads :
Windows - 28Mo (recommended)
Linux - 38Mo
Max - 41Mo

Wrecked Building is a very short horror game I created some times ago, to test how free game platforms worked.
I recently updated it so it can use Oculus Rift.

------------------------------------------------

Several problems occurred with how Unity react to stereoscopic vision, sharing in case someone is blocked with his own project :

Standard Skybox doesn't work, so you need to use 'player-centred' box - which in turn also prevent you from using Unity's basic fog. Pro-version fog doesn't work too, as the effect is centred on each camera creating a really unpleasant effect. I solved it with a 'particle generated' fog, but its really CPU-intensive.

Standard GUI doesn't work too. Unless you are willing to buy some 'Oculus-ready' GUI from the asset store, you will need to use a TextureRenderer placed in front of the camera. This work reasonably well for read-only GUI, but require a lot more work if you want your player to be able to use a mouse cursor (need to shoot ray, calculate impact on the texture render and then find the corresponding GUI element).

Using only head-tracking for player's direction is a REALLY bad idea as it prevent you from 'correcting' your direction (so you can stay more or less in front of your keyboard). Disabling automatic camera rotation and using mouse input as a correction to the data provided by Oculus' head-tracking system is way more comfortable.

------------------------------------------------

Hope you have some fun with it :lol:
8 REPLIES 8

FictionX
Honored Guest
185 views and no comments? That's odd?! 🙂

I really liked this game! The atmosphere is great, and the fog/smoke in particular works very well. The building is simple but has a nice "looming" quality to it, and the feeling of being there is good.
I was really nervous about what was gonna happen the first time I saw the lights and how the ghosts would look and react, and I hesitated for quite a while before making a move 🙂

It may lack a bit in terms of replayability, but I think it's a great demo to show to guests... it's scary, but not too scary.

Thanks for sharing!
(oh - and a Linux x86+x86_64 (Universal) build would be greatly appreciated) 😉

luisgmnz
Honored Guest
Also a Mac build please...

Epineurien
Honored Guest
Added Linux and Mac builds.

Both should work thanks to Unity, but I can't test them for now (which is why I didn't added them straight away). Don't hesitate to report any problem occurring with those versions.

FictionX
Honored Guest
Thanks a lot! I like this demo more and more...

The 32 bit version of libOculusPlugin.so is missing. It should be in /Plugins/x86. Apparently that's a problem with all the "dual" builds. Copying the folder and the 32 bit .so file over from another demo like Titans of Space (or a 32 bit build of Your own demo) fixes the issue.

Other than that, it great!!

Ganjaroach
Explorer

I enjoyed this game a lot, I still wanted to keep playing after it was over!
Being able too see where the light was facing was a epic idea then using the cell phone flash to blind them was really neat. Having the lights turn red when they see you was really neat and added to the "oh shit" factor a lot.
The atmosphere and sound really helped add to the creepy feeling also. At the end I couldn't read all the text
when it tells you to run through the portal
but I kinda figured that was what I was suppose to do. Do you plan on adding other levels to this, I seen the continue button but couldn't get it to work? I hope to see more thanks for sharing!

cybereality
Grand Champion
This was fun. Great concept.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

luisgmnz
Honored Guest
The mac build does not work with the oculus. Is it happening to everyone too?

Epineurien
Honored Guest
Uploaded a new Linux version which include the 'FictionX fix' - hope it work without tweaking now. Also made some minor adjustments / bug fixes after seeing Ganjaroach's video.

Do you plan on adding other levels to this

If I make a 'non-prototype' version of this game, it would include randomly generated floors, daily challenge a la Spelunky and ghosts with more interesting game mechanics (and much better graphics and optimisation ! ). This have however a very low priority, as I'm currently back on more 'commercially viable' projects.