cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WrenAR Leap Motion Orion DK2 Softbody Test

crevver
Explorer

I've been busy on multiplayer integration and researching non-Unity VR game engines, but I saw the Orion stuff from Leap Motion yesterday and decided to take it for a spin this morning to see what it can do. The tracking is much improved from previous versions. The setup is a little different than previous iterations, but I found it pretty easy to work with.
This build has passthrough also, so you see the real world, and your hands, as well as the 3D hands and objects you can interact with. The significant thing in this build which no one else does is Softbody interaction.

Here's a Win 64 Build (Oculus SDK 0.8) to play with, Leap Motion and DK2 required.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rw8x5ck8jr41rfi/WrenAR_Orion_SoftbodyTest.rar?dl=0

See more at http://www.wrenar.com
30 REPLIES 30

Luciferous
Consultant
Wow you are a star, cannot wait to try this. Thank you.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Looks great!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Luciferous
Consultant
Thanks for the great demo the jelly fish are amazing and you can actually safely move about the room in a true augmented reality. The soft body interaction is jaw dropping. As they slowly moved off into the wall I left my hand flat against it and the tendrils dragged over my fingers, eventually dropping as it passed. Incredible.

Wow pretty much sums it up, I almost lost hope in the Leap but this demo with the new Orion is way above and beyond what I hoped for. If you have a leap you must try this out.

My only one wish is that the jelly fish stayed around, they swim off never to return.

Edit: Just looked at your website, I loved the look of Jelly garden are you think of updating it for Orion?

benplace
Rising Star
I just tried it and everything is upside down?

Luciferous
Consultant
I noticed if the oculus camera cannot see the headset when you start it goes funny (YELLOW).

alexcolgan
Protege
"benplace" wrote:

Check to make sure Auto-Orient is enabled in the Leap Motion Control Panel.
Head writer @ Leap Motion

crevver
Explorer
"benplace" wrote:

Can you specify what is upside-down?
Video Feed?
3D Hands?
Jellyfish?

You might just need to rotate your Leap Motion around.

Let me know if you have any luck.

-C

crevver
Explorer
"luciferous" wrote:
Thanks for the great demo the jelly fish are amazing and you can actually safely move about the room in a true augmented reality. The soft body interaction is jaw dropping. As they slowly moved off into the wall I left my hand flat against it an the tendrils dragged over my fingers, eventually dropping as it past. Incredible.

Wow pretty much sums it up, I almost lost hope in the Leap but this demo with the new Orion is way above and beyond what I hoped for. If you have a leap you must try this out.

My only one wish is that the jelly fish stayed around, they swim off never to return.

Edit: Just looked at your website, I loved the look of Jelly garden are you think of updating it for Orion?

Glad you liked it, I had a more robust version of this with pirates and things a while back(search jellyfish garden), but needed a quick test for Orion, so no game mechanics in this one. Some easy quick fixes: I can easily spawn and destroy Jellies over time, I'd like to adjust the lighting of the world and jellies so they glow more, add some sounds and material effects to touches, and some basic controls and reset/quit functionality.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please fire away, I have a few other projects going on, but I'll definitely do at least one more pass on this one.

-C

crevver
Explorer
"cybereality" wrote:
Looks great!

Thanks Cyber!