cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox one controller not working in game

Salt_Lick
Honored Guest
Hey, I just bought elite dangerous from Oculus Home and when I launch the game the controller does not respond on any controller profile.

It works in every other game and still allows me to press home and get the oculus menu.

anyone had a similar problem? I have tried it wired and wireless

cheers
12 REPLIES 12

dmock1
Protege
I have had this issue with Project Cars, which I have now labeled the worse VR experience on the Rift. I can only recommend uninstalling the game, if it is just one game, or running through your oculus startup again.

Salt_Lick
Honored Guest
ahhh, did either of those suggestions fix the problem?

tommet
Expert Protege
I have intermittently had this problem with the controller.  On windows 10, I find if I first run joy.cpl and test it, it seems to wake it up.

cboy82
Honored Guest
have you tried pulling the dongle out and back in whilst in game?

FrontierSupport
Adventurer
It does sound as though a bug with Elite Dangerous is affecting you. Luckily that will be fixed by today's enormous update.

For the sake of clarity: The original problem was that other controllers were obscuring the Xbox controller from registering with the game.

I hope this helps! Fly safe 🙂

-CMDR Vanguard

funkiestj
Explorer
I'm having the same problem.  I've never played E:D and am excited about it but fuck my life if E:D isn't the worst new user experience I've had.

Before the XB1 controller problem (after the recent update?) I had to solve the minigame of how to select a new player name.  If any of you started E:D for the first time from Oculus Home, you know what I'm talking about.

rwilliamson31
Honored Guest
Hey Guys, 

It's August and having a similar problem. I have selected controller as the default input scheme but can't get it to pick up any inputs at all other than the start button and d-pad (when in menus). 

Thanks,
Trey

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
It's the Windows update recently. Start the game with the remote, then turn the controller on after the app or game has started. It should work then.

cybereality
Grand Champion
See the sticky thread about the Win 10 update:
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/41210/xbox-controller-problems-on-win-10-please-read-...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV