cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yaw Drift and games

enzo
Honored Guest
Howdy all, is there a way to enable auto mag correction to correct for yaw automatically despite if game demos support it or not, my yaw drift is pretty bad and noticeable in sim type games.
2 REPLIES 2

geekmaster
Protege
When I had occasional Yaw Drift, unpugging the power adapter cable from the back of the Rift controller and plugging it back in after about five seconds corrected the problem. Try that...

drash
Heroic Explorer
There's no official way to force a calibration of the magnetometer if the developer of an app neither implements access to the Oculus "pop-up menu" (like the kind you see in Tuscany demos) nor explicitly implement a way to manually or automatically calibrate drift.

It's possible automatic calibration is turned on in some demos and you won't know it, but keep in mind that even if the magnetometer has been calibrated in a demo, in order for yaw drift correction to actually take place you must be looking at or near the reference point (usually "forward"). As I understand it, this last bit is more robust in demos that use the 0.2.3+ SDK.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com