cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vrcinema3D

swlu
Explorer
Hey all,

I just found this awesome new virtual movie theater demo. I'm not the developer, but he's already made the demo available on his site, though its all in Korean! I don't speak/read Korean, so I used Google translate to read the docs. Here's links to his site and demo:

Site:
http://uxground.com/

Demo:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6-3MLD_Wbqea1lNWTVDQ3dybUE/edit

From what I gather, the only way to play a file is if it's an .avi file called 'movie' placed in the same folder as the app. Obviously this is rather limiting, but hopefully he's working on a fix. Right-click brings up a menu where u can pick any seat in the theater, as well as choose to play 2D or 3D (SBS) content! Works really well, and the theater looks great. He's even got the light coming from the projector if u turn around. 360 controller moves u around, but doesn't seem to bring up the menu or ability to sit down.

Looks like he's also working on a (free!) horror game called "Nine Stones". Haven't seen either of these mentioned in these threads so I thought I'd share my findings. Enjoy!
329 REPLIES 329

metulski
Honored Guest
Great. Works Perfect even wiht Full HD, wmv and 3D SBS Files

IGameArt
Protege
I actually downloaded this earlier today, dont have my rift yet but i'm super stoked to be watching all my movies on a HUGE screen when my rift arrives in the next week or two 😛

LeonBrazil
Honored Guest
This is super cool, but I could only get a 2d avi to work, couldn't get any SBS 3d MKV's even by renaming them.

Also I had no sound. I guess this is still work in progress, but excited to try it out, it feels like I am sat in a big empty cinema.

I'll keep my eyes open for any updates on this.

Thanks for sharing the link.

FutureShock_
Expert Protege
The quality of the cinema itself is great. It really feels like being in one. I couldn't be happier with the first VR Cinema!

It runs no codecs so expect videos requiring them to have no video or audio or both. I can read Korean and it says in the guide that 3D videos are possible too so long as they work in side-by-side.

At the end of the readme, he says that the UI for selecting what file to load isn't supported yet so for the meantime, we have to name videos "movie". As of now, it only supports .avi.

adriendod
Honored Guest
Sounds great, can't wait to try this!

anthonyp01
Honored Guest
This is really great, but .avi is such a redundant format now. Would be great if it accepted different formats.
Creative Director at CMSi & occasional freelance graphic designer http://www.door15studio.com

swlu
Explorer
- LeonBrazil You can't just rename an mkv file to avi, you'd have to actually convert it. All avi files I played had working sound, so I'm not sure what your problem is there.

- wavefunction84 Thanks for the help in translation. I got in touch with the dev in Korea so hopefully he'll stop by here and keep us updated.

anmold
Honored Guest
Hi.
I am that guy who made this app. Thank you all for your responses.
I don't speak English very well. so I can't give you many imformation about app.
Soon, I will make english manual with the help of others. I think you guys already know how to use.
I am working next version.

- To support next movie files(wmv, mkv, mp4)
- The file browser to find movie files in app.
- Some option to dim the lights.

I think it will take two weeks. Please expect the next update. 🙂

LathspeLL
Honored Guest
You are great! We are waiting for the next version! Welcome to the forums.