cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where are the modders...

Mane_Vr
Protege
I'm shock that Doom 3 bfg is the only game modded into vr and i'm not talking vorpx I mean a true mod. skyrim, crisis, unreal, and gta I am surprise we are not flooded by mods of these games and more. I keep searching and yet there is nothing
it's all about the games... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB-X7Pp9kEirCJpRvMc3cg
5 REPLIES 5

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Putting in proper VR support is not easy without access to source code. Doom 3 BFG is one of the few modern games which has released source code, which makes that mod possible.

The guys at VorpX as well as the guys working on Vireio Perception have made progress with getting stereoscopy, tracking, and other aspects of VR support working in some games, but it's no simple thing.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevink808
Superstar
I'd actually like some oldies but goodies brought back in VR.  Games that were way ahead of their time and seemingly perfect for VR...like Ultima Underworld I & II.  
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

matskatsaba
Adventurer
Actually, there`s quake 1-2.
There IS a VR mod for GTA-V actually, it does everything except the actual hmd support since it relies on vorpx.
That being said, since vorpx is available and supports a plethora of games, people generally don't bother.

Would be nice to play halo series with native support, but lets be fair, tweaking vorpx to make it work reasonably good takes a lot less time than making a mod.

There is a VR mod for Kerbal Space Program btw, if ever wanted to experience space travel from the cockpit.
(Its not that awesome, control pods usually have very small windows, but worth trying for them lols)

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I'm a modder, having created Mystrock for Legend of Grimrock 2. I was excited to try to create a Mod for Crystal Rift, but I found the Mod Kit completely unusable.

It would definitely be amazing to see games support VR Mods to the fullest extent.

Mane_Vr
Protege

Actually, there`s quake 1-2.
There IS a VR mod for GTA-V actually, it does everything except the actual hmd support since it relies on vorpx.
That being said, since vorpx is available and supports a plethora of games, people generally don't bother.

Would be nice to play halo series with native support, but lets be fair, tweaking vorpx to make it work reasonably good takes a lot less time than making a mod.

There is a VR mod for Kerbal Space Program btw, if ever wanted to experience space travel from the cockpit.
(Its not that awesome, control pods usually have very small windows, but worth trying for them lols)

I have vorpx the thing that is killing it for me is the lack of touch support like what you get with doom 3 bfg vr. I plan to do the gta vr and it would be nice to get more games modded even if using vorpx for parts of it
it's all about the games... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClB-X7Pp9kEirCJpRvMc3cg