cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RELEASE] Gorgon

Booradley
Honored Guest
We made it! Below is a link to the build we submitted. It's multiplayer but it has a lobby/room system, so you'll be able to create rooms and jump into rooms to play with each other

http://www.emeraldactivities.com/Gorgon.zip

Game Controls: (Keyboard / Mouse only)
WASD / Arrow keys - Movement
Mouse Left Click - Attack
Tab - Menu
F11 Toggle fullscreen

Oculus Rift Controls
- Decrement IPD
= Increment IPD
P Toggle prediction
[ Decrement FOV
] Increment FOV
5 Decrease neck height
6 Increase neck height
B Reset orientation

Our game takes place inside Medusa's temple. 1-4 soldiers work together trying to taker he down each round. The player playing Medusa can gaze into soldiers faces to turn them into stone. They can also use their bow and arrows to pick off the pesky soldiers who keep looking at the ground.

Soldiers will be equipped with a sword and shield. To kill Medusa they must get right up to her and land a hit. All without directly looking at her of course 😄

We're hoping it ends up as a stealthy scary game of hiding behind pillars and listening for footsteps and slithering sounds.

We'll do our best to keep updating this thread with progress as we go. It's really cool to see the awesome stuff everyone is doing for the jam 😄

Here is a video demonstrating the multiplayer part of our game. We've also got reflections in so the soldiers will be able to use the backs of their shields to look safely at Medusa. Sorry it's so dark.

Let us know what you think!
55 REPLIES 55

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
GREAT SESSION!
We had 3 people total lol
But it was fun as hell!
I can see the potential in here! Make Medusa a but less overpowered and it's 10/10 😄

Booradley
Honored Guest
Ha ha thanks for playing, that was fun 😄

Yeah she does feel overpowered, especially in a 1v1. I think in a 4v1 she would have a more balanced experience. Perhaps we could add a small delay to her gaze, so soldiers could snap their heads away, or add hit points that adjust based on how many players are in the game, so it may take 3 arrows to down 1 soldier, or 1 arrow when there are 3-4 soldiers.

Thanks again for trying it out!

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
Great ideas to improve the balance! yeah 4v1 will totally make medusa less poiwerfull!
Just my humble suggestion if you'd like to hear one: maybe add sound to medusa, make her glow a bit, and add shield block to soldiers. This way it will add confidence to soldiers, because even in 4v1 the map has some places where medusa can stand and scan everything around her, and there is no way to get to her, because she can shoot arrows at your back lol
I mean, despite 1v1 imbalance, it's a great freaking game!
I always wanted to experience hunting the Medusa! I even rewatched the Clash of the Titans movie for this haha
There's a lot of potential here! Keep it up!!

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Thanks so much for the feedback! I really want to try 4 vs 1 before we tweak too much, but we do plan to make balance adjustments. Every time we play we get more ideas for stuff to do/add, lol. I wrote down your suggestions so we won't forget anything. We will try to get a few more scheduled play times in, and then do some tuning and such 🙂

I re-watched the medusa scene a few times when we decided to do this, such a great movie for the time.

Thanks again for taking the time to play and letting us know what you think!

Tagera
Honored Guest
Is anyone running a room anytime this week?

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Is there a time/day that would work best for you? I can ask Brad to set it up and then we can post and see if we can get a few more players 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be down to play as well, but, no one is on 😞

connect via steam or something?

Tagera
Honored Guest
"Punkerella" wrote:
Is there a time/day that would work best for you? I can ask Brad to set it up and then we can post and see if we can get a few more players 🙂

I have several days off. I'm willing to hop in tonight.

Booradley
Honored Guest
I'll hop into a room and keep an eye on it. It's currently 8:30pm PST.

Booradley
Honored Guest
No visitors tonight, but I'll try again tomorrow around the same time!