cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RELEASE] Gorgon

Booradley
Honored Guest
We made it! Below is a link to the build we submitted. It's multiplayer but it has a lobby/room system, so you'll be able to create rooms and jump into rooms to play with each other

http://www.emeraldactivities.com/Gorgon.zip

Game Controls: (Keyboard / Mouse only)
WASD / Arrow keys - Movement
Mouse Left Click - Attack
Tab - Menu
F11 Toggle fullscreen

Oculus Rift Controls
- Decrement IPD
= Increment IPD
P Toggle prediction
[ Decrement FOV
] Increment FOV
5 Decrease neck height
6 Increase neck height
B Reset orientation

Our game takes place inside Medusa's temple. 1-4 soldiers work together trying to taker he down each round. The player playing Medusa can gaze into soldiers faces to turn them into stone. They can also use their bow and arrows to pick off the pesky soldiers who keep looking at the ground.

Soldiers will be equipped with a sword and shield. To kill Medusa they must get right up to her and land a hit. All without directly looking at her of course 😄

We're hoping it ends up as a stealthy scary game of hiding behind pillars and listening for footsteps and slithering sounds.

We'll do our best to keep updating this thread with progress as we go. It's really cool to see the awesome stuff everyone is doing for the jam 😄

Here is a video demonstrating the multiplayer part of our game. We've also got reflections in so the soldiers will be able to use the backs of their shields to look safely at Medusa. Sorry it's so dark.

Let us know what you think!
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like it man, keep up the good work!
Looks creepy, can't wait to see more!

whoisonline
Explorer
likewise .. can't wait for demo

sbrezhnev
Honored Guest
I gotta say, it's an awesome idea and great concept! Very excited to check it out!

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Thanks guys!

We are really excited about it, Booradley is working on rigging the gorgon right now and I am just finishing up the soldier. I would like to get a female soldier model in too, but I am not sure there will be enough time. I will post screenshots and such of the art when my forum account lets me 🙂

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Yay! I can post images now. Here are my WIP characters 😉

Kilobyte
Honored Guest
This sounds like a great game idea, definitely makes good use of the Rift's strengths. Can't wait to see what you come up with, I'm very excited by all these multiplayer concepts being discussed.

Punkerella
Honored Guest
"Kilobyte" wrote:
This sounds like a great game idea, definitely makes good use of the Rift's strengths. Can't wait to see what you come up with, I'm very excited by all these multiplayer concepts being discussed.

Ya, I am not someone who is normally into aggressive multiplayer or FPS style games, but for this idea it just seemed to work. Needing to actually look at things like reflections and having a "gaze" attack seemed great for the oculus rift. Plus I loved the idea of doing a game with a gorgon where she was actually cool. She is normally not near as strong an enemy as she should be, and I hope she wins more often than the soldiers 😉

We probably would have put in a single player version as well, but I just don't think there will be time to get it done. I do art/design... but poor Booradley has to do all the code plus the animation and rigging. And we normally work in flash, so we are a bit slower with 3d 😉

Booradley
Honored Guest
Here is a video showing the head tracking applied to our rigged Medusa model. So far so good 😄 Just a few clipping issues to sort out in the camera view. The head tracking is also broadcast over the network so players will actually see where everyone is looking.

Punkerella
Honored Guest
Tonight I am working on a statue of Athena to go on the temple pedestal 🙂