cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cybereality
Grand Champion
  • Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam.
    • You'll no longer have to leave VR to finish installing new apps and games when they're done downloading if you have administrator privileges on your Windows User Account.
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.
  • Bug-fixes:
    • Improved Oculus Home
      • Fixed issue with the appearance of Oculus Home on first launch.
    • Improved tracking quality with Oculus Rift and Touch.
      • Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR. These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in 1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away. We improved that process to be smoother and more reliable. We will continue to work on further improvements in these areas.
    • Improved support for Unity content.
      • Fixed freezing and black-screen issues when switching back to an app or game from Universal Menu, or when un-pausing an app or game.
      • Fixed texture rendering and color rendering issues for certain types of overlays.
    • Improved support for Unreal Engine UE4 content.
      • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
      • Fixed rendering efficiency issue with intermediate render targets.
146 Comments
elboffor
Consultant
Loving the release notes buddy.
Some good detail there 🙂

Now just waiting patiently for it to drop 🙂

Edit:
What i particularly like about these release notes is the detail around why it didnt work previously. This is the type of detail that should be included with every change.

For my work i have to document all the changes i do and their related impact, these are then used not only in release notes but also in my yearly appraisals (nothing motivates people more than wage increases)
Maybe you could put that idea forward at your next round table.

One thing that isnt mentioned is 4 sensors, according to the beta testers the laggy hands has been fixed, do you have any input on that?
If so then thats the sort of stuff that should be in the notes. 

Either way, fantastic to see them posted in line with the software roll out 🙂
gamersbubu
Explorer
Its Happening!  6c2bi0acpcwj.png
Grimdanfango
Expert Protege
Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!
elboffor
Consultant

Whoop!  Hopefully I can finally spend some time enjoying the Rift, rather than the forums!

We only buy the hardware to justify these forums buddy.
This is the game, did you not know this?
roadczar
Protege
Thanks - best way to quiet 😉 the crowd. 
hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Look forward to giving it s bash
flexy123
Superstar
""
Fixed several issues causing height and position to move while in VR.
These issues were side effects of improvements made to recalibration in
1.11, especially in cases where one sensor was particularly far away.
""

BRILLIANT! I would have been the perfect beta tester. Thanks, can't wait to try out!
ferch_
Honored Guest
  • Fixed flickering issue when Asynchronous SpaceWarp is active on lower-spec systems.
Is this related to adaptive pd going crazy with ASW enabled, or is it something else?
Sanborn
Explorer
Ive been using 1.12 beta the last week, it's honestly awesome!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is SO annoying not being able to force an update!
Mr.Serious1
Explorer
"Features:
    • In Oculus Store, you can now report user reviews as spam."
you cant even send some one messages, how can they spam you?
elboffor
Consultant
As in an inappropriate message
kogermax
Expert Protege
Didnt they say they had 2 updates for us in feb? this just seems like a 1.11+fix of what they broke with 1.11...  

id like to be able to talk to my friends on the friendlist soon... or write..
HankTV
Protege
Finaly the 180 degree stutter is gone. Got to do the whole setup from startup again to have a proper update. But it allready proofed me some smooth hand shakes. Yeaya!!
Javelin396
Adventurer
@cybereality should those that participated in the alpha testing be expecting  an update from our current versions? mine specifically is at 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531)
cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't believe there were many changes since the alpha.
Ohni_Starfall
Explorer
5fmxfivn560i.jpg
AlehandoroVR
Protege
@Adinsx12 the first Alpha version they released was 1.12.0.346311 (1.12.0.346311) and on Saturday / Sunday they released 1.12.0.347528 (1.12.0.347531). So possibly the Saturday / Sunday version is the Beta that they have released today for everyone.
YoLolo69
Trustee
Ok, for me so far so good after around 2 1/2h of playing, with around 2h of Arizona Sunshine played for the first time as 360 degrees (3 sensors) by turning in real life. It wasn't wanted as I always stay front facing, but here I forgive which side I was and that was good.

I had only one glitch, a big one, at the middle of my session : Guardian, the World and my hand touching guardian on my right side started to move, or slide, smoothly up and down, they did that 2 or 3 times and in around 5 seconds (from start of glitch) it fixed by itself. I was facing my front right sensor. Not a big deal, day and night with 1.11.

This apart it was perfect! good, thanks Oculus Team! 🙂
AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
And now we have somebody to blame of there's problems with 1.12.  😉

Those darn Alpha testers told us all it was great!!!!!  😄  😛
Altephfour
Explorer
The waiting is killing me. Havent really touched mine since 1.11 as I had a lot of tracking issues. Hope this fixes it but the waiting is painful.
Javelin396
Adventurer
yea really hope they can nail down the software issues down for everyone because i know that, beyond wanting to use our $800+ product, we want to  be able to support oculus with what they are doing to be pioneers in the vr market! Very rarely does something like VR come along and really set a new bar entirely as far as an entertainment medium goes. Nothing quite like it once you experience it. No matter which VR platform your using, im sure we all were equally "wowed" the first time we tried the technology, whether it was with the Vive, Rift, Gear VR, or any of the oculus precursors, we want to believe that this technology is worth the investment (and all the bumps in the road it may take for the technology to get to a state where it truly shines for everyone)
GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
I hate to revive this question, but does anyone know how the updates roll out? I thought I read someone say that they'll do it in the next 12 hours, but that's kind of a ridiculous time to wait.

Anxious to try out the new update would be an understatement. 5 hours since the patch notes went live, and still *trying* to wait patiently for my update 🙂
cybereality
Grand Champion
Please check the original post again. It has been slightly updated. Thanks.
Grimdanfango
Expert Protege
*le sigh*... still rolling out?  Fair enough to do it in batches, but wouldn't it be worth prioritizing people who have been logging in repeatedly for 5 hours?  😛
JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer

• Features:
    • You can now mirror audio out of the Rift headset to your computer speakers, under Settings -> Devices in the Oculus app.

Nice, no more Voicemeeter when I want to show stuff to my wife/friends!
Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Love how its released.  Hate how i still dont have it? 

gamersbubu
Explorer
I don't have it either.  Does it usually take this long after its released?
Javelin396
Adventurer

I don't have it either.  Does it usually take this long after its released?

it can take more than a few hours for it to reach everyone. Maybe longer.

JoeManji08
Heroic Explorer
Wasn't the last one a couple days getting out to everyone?
Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

Wasn't the last one a couple days getting out to everyone?

i think so like a wk for some.
Grimdanfango
Expert Protege
*groan*
Wonder if it's occured to anyone there that they might engender less irritation in the community if they skipped all this contrived "carefulness" and just cut to the chase with things.  I mean, if there's an issue with the patch that forces them to roll back, or stick with the release regardless, what difference does it make whether it's agonisingly drip-fed out in the first place or just released normally?  The end result is the same anyway.  If it's broke, it's broke, and it inconveniences everyone anyway... if it's not, then great.

For what it's worth - I just tried removing all Oculus software, and reinstalling fresh from the official setup file, to see if that might kick it into doing something.  It helpfully re-downloaded 1.11 for me.
... so yeah, don't bother doing that.  It involves deleting all local game content, so I'll have to redownload ~40GB.  Luckily I have fibre, so no big deal.

Would of course be far more straightforward if I could just make my own choice when to download, rather than wasting time and Oculus' bandwidth trying to work out a way to game their bizarrely awkward release policy.

I wonder if the rollout batches are assigned by IP address or something... maybe a VPN would be a way around it...
JulianB
Protege
Audio mirroring!!!! Hooray! No more VoiceMeeter!
Wildt
Consultant

JulianB said:

Audio mirroring!!!! Hooray! No more VoiceMeeter!

Holy Schnitzel! I hadn't even noticed that - FINALLY! :smiley:
bosy_princ
Protege
Thanks for release notes! BTW yes, audio mirroring is very nice and anticipated feature - THANK YOU!
PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Nothing here yet.  2:30AM/CST and nada.  

Select BS
rjay2b
Honored Guest
This is my first post to the forum.

I did not complain when 1.11 came out as a pig's breakfast. I did not complain when it took significant time to correct it. I just stopped using my Rift, and was patient. In return, I fully expected to get home from work today, re-run the room setup and start playing. How exceptionally amusing it is to find then that I am still sitting on 1.11.

Since this makes no sense to me, and since you have made no credible effort to explain the necessity of it, I can only conclude that you are actually deliberately trying to serially irritate portions of your userbase, perhaps as some kind of social / behavioural research experiment.

This is not a routine update, it is an urgent salvaging of reputation and trust.

On that basis, I would like to make a respectful suggestion: send someone to find the button which says "upload to all remaining users" and press it. Now. Facebook manages to serve data to half the population of the planet on a daily basis, it is reasonable to assume that you possess the capacity to simultaneously push an update to a few hundred thousand. If you lack the server capacity, then consider buying some more, or borrowing it from your parent company.

My second respectful suggestion is that you add a button to future versions of the software which says "check for updates now", so people like myself don't feel the need to post rants like this when you decide to stagger an important release - those who want it at once can get it. Those who are not seeking immediate access can safely be left in the queue.

My third respectful suggestion is that, if there is some exceptionally good reason why it simply must be done this way, consider the utility of conveying that reason before people feel the need to ask you out of irritation.

Vekaola
Explorer
I didn't even realize how much the minor tracking errors affected my experience, it feels so much better now! Thanks for making things more awesome 🙂
rjay2b
Honored Guest

rjay2b said:

Since this makes no sense to me, and since you have made no credible effort to explain the necessity of it, I can only conclude that you are actually deliberately trying to serially irritate portions of your userbase, perhaps as some kind of social / behavioural research experiment.

For amusement value, this is what I had in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKhAd0Tyny0

Even monkeys get it :blush:
Anonymous
Not applicable
I was just playing around the other day trying to get audio mirroring to work and had no luck! Awesome 🙂
Kano_Connor
Explorer

rjay2b said:

rjay2b said:

For amusement value, this is what I had in mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKhAd0Tyny0

Even monkeys get it :blush:

lol that made me laugh, just what I needed! 🙂
YoLolo69
Trustee
@rjay2b: I don't think the update wait is really deliberate to upset part of users base. Saying that, I appreciated the tone of your respectful first post so don't hesitate to post more. By the way, Welcome on board  🙂
Thot
Protege
somebody see a good work with 4 sensor since 1.12?
hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Any idea when released in UK still waiting 
Wildt
Consultant

FrozenPea said:

I was just playing around the other day trying to get audio mirroring to work and had no luck! Awesome 🙂

Using the beta 1.12 update or 3rd party software? (my sarcasm radar went off when you said "Awesome")
Epoxian
Explorer
I'm also waiting for the update... If it really works I'm going to get Arizona Sunshine to celebrate this :smiley:.
Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

• Features:

• Bug-fixes:

Dude! That makes you to become the poster of the week! To bad you have excluded yourself from that ranking, that post would have made it for you!

Thank you and the team. Public feedback until now is very positive.

While I wasn't affected from previous issues as badly as others, I can very well remember having seen most of the bugs mentioned in the fix-list and now I am excited to get home to try the new version.

Thanks!

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
@epxzz good choice cracking game I recommend  onward on steam aswell,if trackings good
Mace404
Heroic Explorer
I'm getting some friends over tonight so would be very desired to have 1.12 already.
Normally I get updates 3 a 4 days later (very annoying!) so I'm with Rjay2b to push that button "upload to all remaining users.
roadczar
Protege
For what it's worth - 1.12 resolved all of my issues with tracking and height. I'm running 4 censors. The only issue remains is calibrating 4 sensor setup is very difficult.