cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

100Quick1
Honored Guest

Recently received an email from Meta stating that my child's Oculus account was suspended because of inappropriate age activity. I recently purchased and install a game (apparently 13+). Meta is requesting a government ID of my child in order to reinstate the suspended account. I do not want my child's identity embedded in the Meta network. There must be other courses of action to remedy this situation. What are my options?

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, @100Quick1! While VR can be a lot of fun, especially for the youth, their supervision is something Meta takes very seriously, which is why we have taken many precautions to keep them safe and out of harm's way. Please review why you need to have the right Meta account for your age​. Unfortunately, at this time, Meta requires users to verify their age with government-approved identification in order to restore suspended accounts. We understand your concerns about Parent-Managed accounts, but we are confident in our security and guarantee that we'll do everything possible to safeguard you and your child's information.

​While this may not be what you were hoping for, due to the potential of dealing with private and sensitive information, we kindly request that you both send us a private message. Please make sure you sign in to the community before sending us a private message. To access our profile page, either select our name or click here! Next, click on 'Send Message' to send us a private message.  We're looking forward to hearing from you soon. We hope you have a great rest of your day!​

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @100Quick! We'd like to start by apologizing for not hyperlinking the page to contact us, and we're sorry for any confusion that may have caused. In case you decide to proceed with the process of appealing your son's suspension, all you need to do is adhere to the steps in the email you received detailing the suspension. If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us in a private message! Please make sure you sign in to Meta Community Forums before sending us a private message. To access our profile page, either select our name or click here! Next, click on 'Send Message' to send us a private message. We are grateful for all of your time and we hope you have a wonderful day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?