cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account issues, library & store visible, but am prompted to sign into Facebook/Oculus

Matau228
Explorer

Upon booting up my Quest today, I was greeted with a sign-in screen to sign into my Facebook account or the Oculus account, but am unable to do either. Attempting to sign in to Oculus will give the standard "Email or password are incorrect" error message, even when putting in the correct password, but Facebook will give an error stating "This code has reached it's expiration date and cannot be used"

I am still able to see my games library, install new games, and even purchase others from the store and download them all through the Quest (though I am going to have to refund them since I can't play them now)

I am able to sign in to both accounts on the Android app, desktop app, through the in-Quest browser

I can use bluetooth to connect to the Android app without issue.

I can use oculus link to play via pc.

I just cannot use the Quest 2 as a standalone item.

Any fix would be appreciated.

Edit: It should be noted that my profile within the Quest 2 also appears as normal, so I seem to be getting the sudden log-out error with exactly none of the standard symptoms.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. A negative experience isn't what we like to see. We're happy to help try to get you back in the headset!

We've been receiving reports with the same problem today. Could you please send us a PM so we can validate your account and troubleshoot?

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us and include your full name as it appears on your Oculus account, current alias/username and the email linked to your Oculus account.! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!